South Georgia Technical College
- South Georgia Technical College is a residential college offering the latest in technical education and an exciting campus life for every student. Students can choose to attend college at one of two campuses, the main campus in Americus or the Crisp County Center located in Cordele. A low student-teacher ratio allows SGTC to offer a great technical education through top-notch hands-on training. But don’t let that fool you. SGTC also offers the atmosphere you've come to expect at a two-year college. The campus is filled with fun and excitement including JETS Basketball, student clubs and organizations, and even a brand new student center, complete with ping-pong, foosball, and pool tables. Dorm students as well as commuting students also have the opportunity to take advantage of meal plans offered by the on-campus dining hall. While providing students a great college atmosphere is important at SGTC, even more important is our emphasis on quality technical education. It is the mission of SGTC to provide quality student services, educational facilities and equipment, a competent and qualified faculty and staff, and to promote life-long learning through educational contributions to the communities served. By fulfilling this mission, SGTC is serving a vital need in the six county service delivery area. SGTC serves Crisp, Macon, Marion, Schley, Sumter, and Webster counties. Within the borders of the service delivery area, partnerships are formed with existing business and industries to create even more opportunity for community development through jobs and also to create viable opportunities for our students. Not only is SGTC involved with existing business and industry, but also, the College works with local community and economic development initiatives to create jobs and help the local communities prosper.
- Enrollment: 2,117 students
- In-state tuition: $2,724
- Out-state tuition: $4,860
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 58%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does South Georgia Technical College cost?
South Georgia Technical College's tuition is approximately $2,724 for In-State students and $4,860 for Out-State students.