South Georgia Technical College
- South Georgia Technical College is a residential college offering the latest in technical education and an exciting campus life for every student. Students can choose to attend college at one of two campuses, the main campus in Americus or the Crisp County Center located in Cordele. A low student-teacher ratio allows SGTC to offer a great technical education through top-notch hands-on training. But don’t let that fool you. SGTC also offers the atmosphere you've come to expect at a two-year college. The campus is filled with fun and excitement including JETS Basketball, student clubs and organizations, and even a brand new student center, complete with ping-pong, foosball, and pool tables. Dorm students as well as commuting students also have the opportunity to take advantage of meal plans offered by the on-campus dining hall. While providing students a great college atmosphere is important at SGTC, even more important is our emphasis on quality technical education. It is the mission of SGTC to provide quality student services, educational facilities and equipment, a competent and qualified faculty and staff, and to promote life-long learning through educational contributions to the communities served. By fulfilling this mission, SGTC is serving a vital need in the six county service delivery area. SGTC serves Crisp, Macon, Marion, Schley, Sumter, and Webster counties. Within the borders of the service delivery area, partnerships are formed with existing business and industries to create even more opportunity for community development through jobs and also to create viable opportunities for our students. Not only is SGTC involved with existing business and industry, but also, the College works with local community and economic development initiatives to create jobs and help the local communities prosper.
- The teacher population of 84 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||84 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,658 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||866 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||792 students||1,473 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||226||461|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to South Georgia Technical College is Darton State College (36.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,623 students | 36.80 Mi2400 Gillionville Rd
Albany,  GA  31707
- 3,640 students | 38.90 Mi1704 South Slappey Boulevard
Albany,  GA  31701
- 303 students | 40.00 Mi501College St
Cuthbert,  GA  39840
- n/a students | 45.40 Mi80 Cohen Walker Dr
Warner Robins,  GA  31088
- n/a students | 48.40 Mi7300 Blackmon Road
Columbus,  GA  31909
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.