Central Georgia Technical College
- Central Georgia Technical College (CGTC) is a member of Georgia's system of technical colleges and an institution of higher education that supports the educational, economic, and community development of its seven-county service area. CGTC accomplishes its mission by providing quality academic and technical education, customized business and industry training, continuing education, and adult education services that are responsive to the workforce needs of citizens, businesses, and industries.
- The teacher population of 338 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Central Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||338 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,625 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,862 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,763 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,200||$29,600|
- The Macon campus of Central Georgia Technical College is located off of Eisenhower Parkway across from the Macon Mall. The first students of the Macon-Area Vocational Technical School were accepted in 1966; at the time, the Vocational-Technical School operated under the governance of the Bibb County Board of Education. By 1973, student growth, industrial growth, and community demand led to the need for a new and larger campus. This new facility, located at 3300 Macon Tech Drive, was completed and occupied in 1978. In 1987 the name was changed to Macon Technical Institute (MTI). Whether you are just beginning your academic career or returning to college to update your skills, there has never been a better time to enter CGTC's training programs. We now offer more than 224 programs of study including 35 associate degrees, 45 diplomas, and 144 technical certificates. Hands-on instruction laboratory settings ensure that you will be well prepared to make the transition into your chosen career. Central Georgia Technical College responds to changing educational and training needs by adapting coursework to meet the needs of central Georgia's changing work environment. Last year, over 9,000 students in credit classes and 10,000 continuing education students utilized our programs. Our growing on-line class offerings provide the opportunity for students to complete programs of study at a time and place that is most convenient to them. Central Georgia Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, to award Associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Central Georgia Technical College is Middle Georgia Technical College (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.00 Mi80 Cohen Walker Dr
Warner Robins,  GA  31088
(478) 988-6800 0.00n/a
- n/a students | 6.50 Mi801 Duke Avenue
Warner Robins,  GA  31093
- n/a students | 18.70 Mi100 College Station Dr
Macon,  GA  31206
(478) 471-2700 18.70n/a
- n/a students | 23.10 Mi1100 Second St SE
Cochran,  GA  31014
(478) 934-6221 23.10n/a
- n/a students | 39.20 Mi71 Airport Rd
Eastman,  GA  31023