Central Georgia Technical College
- Central Georgia Technical College (CGTC) is a member of Georgia's system of technical colleges and an institution of higher education that supports the educational, economic, and community development of its seven-county service area. CGTC accomplishes its mission by providing quality academic and technical education, customized business and industry training, continuing education, and adult education services that are responsive to the workforce needs of citizens, businesses, and industries.
- Enrollment: 8,140 students
- In-state tuition: $2,568
- Out-state tuition: $4,608
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 54%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Macon campus of Central Georgia Technical College is located off of Eisenhower Parkway across from the Macon Mall. The first students of the Macon-Area Vocational Technical School were accepted in 1966; at the time, the Vocational-Technical School operated under the governance of the Bibb County Board of Education. By 1973, student growth, industrial growth, and community demand led to the need for a new and larger campus. This new facility, located at 3300 Macon Tech Drive, was completed and occupied in 1978. In 1987 the name was changed to Macon Technical Institute (MTI). Whether you are just beginning your academic career or returning to college to update your skills, there has never been a better time to enter CGTC's training programs. We now offer more than 224 programs of study including 35 associate degrees, 45 diplomas, and 144 technical certificates. Hands-on instruction laboratory settings ensure that you will be well prepared to make the transition into your chosen career. Central Georgia Technical College responds to changing educational and training needs by adapting coursework to meet the needs of central Georgia's changing work environment. Last year, over 9,000 students in credit classes and 10,000 continuing education students utilized our programs. Our growing on-line class offerings provide the opportunity for students to complete programs of study at a time and place that is most convenient to them. Central Georgia Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, to award Associate degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Central Georgia Technical College cost?
Central Georgia Technical College's tuition is approximately $2,568 for In-State students and $4,608 for Out-State students.