Darton State College
- Darton College is a comprehensive community-oriented institution within the University System of Georgia. Its principle mission is to provide educational programs, services, and opportunities to eligible citizens of southwest Georgia.
- The teacher population of 199 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Darton State College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||199 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,623 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,629 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,994 students||1,473 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||461||461|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,800||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Darton College in Albany, Georgia, is a two-year college of the University System of Georgia offering Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees, and one-year certificate programs. The modern classrooms and labs, as well as the beautifully landscaped 180-acre campus, offer students a perfect college setting. The arts - music, theater, photography, and literature are alive and well at Darton. Intercollegiate athletic programs are offered in men's and women's soccer and swimming: women's basketball and softball; and men's baseball and golf. Intramural activities and clubs for almost every interest are also available. Darton College's faculty and staff take pride in Darton's record of academic excellence and the philosophy of a student-centered education. The college offers 73 two-year transfer and career associate degrees. In addition, Darton offers distance learning courses through local Channel 19 telecasts, web-based instruction, GSAMS video-conferencing, and at selected regional sites off the main campus. Darton College has a strong presence in state distance learning initiatives, and its core curriculum courses in many programs of study are available through distance learning options. Darton College currently offers 16 complete degrees. We are a leader in providing distance learning options to advance your career. Our fully accredited online degree programs are designed for your success. Our online Associate of Science degrees are delivered on the Internet with WebCT. You'll attend class online, with convenience and flexibility that works around your hectic work and family schedule. Darton College provides online learners with free technical support, advising, and student services. Get started on your degree today and get on the path to better opportunities.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,640 students | 3.10 Mi1704 South Slappey Boulevard
Albany,  GA  31701
- 303 students | 36.80 Mi501College St
Cuthbert,  GA  39840
- 1,658 students | 36.80 Mi900 South GA Tech Parkway
Americus,  GA  31709
- 2,071 students | 37.50 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
- 3,458 students | 41.20 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.