- Darton College is a comprehensive community-oriented institution within the University System of Georgia. Its principle mission is to provide educational programs, services, and opportunities to eligible citizens of southwest Georgia.
Darton State College serves 5,623 students (47% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 is higher than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 53%.
- Enrollment: 5,623 students
- In-state tuition: $3,502
- Out-state tuition: $9,428
- Acceptance Rate: 84%
- Student:teacher ratio: 28:1
- Minority enrollment: 40%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 199 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Darton State College
(GA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 years but < 4 years
The student population of Darton State College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Darton State College diversity score of 0.53 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,502 is more than the state average of $3,488. The in-state tuition has grown by 15% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,428 is more than the state average of $7,256. The out-state tuition has grown by 10% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Reading (Year 2007)
SAT Math (Year 2007)
ACT Composite (Year 2007)
ACT English (Year 2007)
ACT Math (Year 2007)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Darton College in Albany, Georgia, is a two-year college of the University System of Georgia offering Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees, and one-year certificate programs. The modern classrooms and labs, as well as the beautifully landscaped 180-acre campus, offer students a perfect college setting. The arts - music, theater, photography, and literature are alive and well at Darton. Intercollegiate athletic programs are offered in men's and women's soccer and swimming: women's basketball and softball; and men's baseball and golf. Intramural activities and clubs for almost every interest are also available. Darton College's faculty and staff take pride in Darton's record of academic excellence and the philosophy of a student-centered education. The college offers 73 two-year transfer and career associate degrees. In addition, Darton offers distance learning courses through local Channel 19 telecasts, web-based instruction, GSAMS video-conferencing, and at selected regional sites off the main campus. Darton College has a strong presence in state distance learning initiatives, and its core curriculum courses in many programs of study are available through distance learning options. Darton College currently offers 16 complete degrees. We are a leader in providing distance learning options to advance your career. Our fully accredited online degree programs are designed for your success. Our online Associate of Science degrees are delivered on the Internet with WebCT. You'll attend class online, with convenience and flexibility that works around your hectic work and family schedule. Darton College provides online learners with free technical support, advising, and student services. Get started on your degree today and get on the path to better opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Darton State College cost?
Darton State College's tuition is approximately $3,502 for In-State students and $9,428 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Darton State College?
The acceptance rate of Darton State College is 84%, which is higher than the state average of 72%.
What is Darton State College's ranking?
Darton State College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Georgia for: Largest student body.
How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
Learn about programs across the country that allow students to take online community college classes for free.
A Nontraditional Student’s Guide to Community College
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.