South Central Louisiana Technical College
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
South Central Louisiana Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 69 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Central Louisiana Technical College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||69 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,992 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||642 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,350 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- South Central Louisiana Technical College (SCLTC) has campus in Morgan City, Thibodaux, Galliano, and Reserve. Our campuses offer certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees leading to exciting careers for students seeking long-term employment. The job market is very competitive. Students completing technical college training programs leave with a competitive edge needed to acquire a great job. With hands-on competency-based instruction, our students develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence needed to succeed in the job market and to succeed in life. If our students succeed, then we as technical college educators succeed. We hope that the information provided on this website will be helpful and informative. Feel free to contact us or visit any of our campuses. Remember, a student's success is our success.
- The nearest community college to South Central Louisiana Technical College is South Central Louisiana Technical College-Lafourche Campus (22.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 22.20 Mi1425 Tiger Dr
Thibodaux,  LA  70301
- 2,590 students | 28.20 Mi1407 Highway 311
Schriever,  LA  70395
- 218 students | 29.50 Mi803 Barrow St
Houma,  LA  70360
- 3,240 students | 39.10 Mi925 West Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales,  LA  70737
- 567 students | 40.50 Mi9697 Airline Hwy
Sorrento,  LA  70778
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.