South Central Louisiana Technical College
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
South Central Louisiana Technical College serves 190 students (54% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 3:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 55%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 190 students
- In-state tuition: $2,100
- Out-state tuition: $3,725
- Student:teacher ratio: 3:1
- Minority enrollment: 52%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
South Central Louisiana Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 69 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
South Central Louisiana Technical College
(LA) Community College Avg.
Special Focus Two-Year: Technical Professions
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 years but < 4 years
The student population of South Central Louisiana Technical College has declined by 90% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 3:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The South Central Louisiana Technical College diversity score of 0.61 is less than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,100 is less than the state average of $2,971. The in-state tuition has declined by 16% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $3,725 is less than the state average of $6,101. The out-state tuition has declined by 15% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2019)
Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2019)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- South Central Louisiana Technical College (SCLTC) has campus in Morgan City, Thibodaux, Galliano, and Reserve. Our campuses offer certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees leading to exciting careers for students seeking long-term employment. The job market is very competitive. Students completing technical college training programs leave with a competitive edge needed to acquire a great job. With hands-on competency-based instruction, our students develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence needed to succeed in the job market and to succeed in life. If our students succeed, then we as technical college educators succeed. We hope that the information provided on this website will be helpful and informative. Feel free to contact us or visit any of our campuses. Remember, a student's success is our success.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does South Central Louisiana Technical College cost?
South Central Louisiana Technical College's tuition is approximately $2,100 for In-State students and $3,725 for Out-State students.
What is South Central Louisiana Technical College's ranking?
South Central Louisiana Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Louisiana for: Least expensive tuition and Least debt for graduating students.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.