South Central Louisiana Technical College
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
The teacher population of 69 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Central Louisiana Technical College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||69 staff||26 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- South Central Louisiana Technical College (SCLTC) has campus in Morgan City, Thibodaux, Galliano, and Reserve. Our campuses offer certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees leading to exciting careers for students seeking long-term employment. The job market is very competitive. Students completing technical college training programs leave with a competitive edge needed to acquire a great job. With hands-on competency-based instruction, our students develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence needed to succeed in the job market and to succeed in life. If our students succeed, then we as technical college educators succeed. We hope that the information provided on this website will be helpful and informative. Feel free to contact us or visit any of our campuses. Remember, a student's success is our success.
The nearest community college to South Central Louisiana Technical College is South Central Louisiana Technical College-Lafourche Campus (22.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 22.40 Mi1425 Tiger Dr
Thibodaux,  LA  70301
(985) 447-0924 22.40n/a
- 2,161 students | 23.40 Mi1407 Highway 311
Schriever,  LA  70395
(985) 448-7900 23.402,161
- 3,470 students | 38.10 Mi925 West Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales,  LA  70737
(225) 743-8500 38.103,470
- 567 students | 40.30 Mi9697 Airline Hwy
Sorrento,  LA  70778
(225) 675-5397 40.30567
- 1,723 students | 46.40 Mi181 Regala Pk Rd
Reserve,  LA  70084
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.