Nunez Community College
- Nunez Community College is an open enrollment college serving Greater New Orleans. There is no minimum GPA or ACT/SAT required to be admitted! Nunez is a member of the Louisiana Community & Technical College System (LCTCS). We offer acdemic programs, including Louisiana Transfer Degrees, as well as career and technical education. Technical programs of note are: industrial technology (PTEC), welding, practical nursing (LPN), EMT/Paramedic, and culinary arts.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Nunez Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||60 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,617 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||44:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||898 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,719 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,200||$28,200|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gamma Beta Phi, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Government Association (SGA)
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Various programs offered by the Health & Natural Sciences Division includes Emergency Medical Technology Program, Nursing Assistant Certificate Program and Practical Nursing Certificate Program. The Emergency Medical Technology Programs prepare students to function as practitioners in the pre-hospital emergency medical environment. These curricula meet the requirements of local, state, and national accrediting agencies. Students who complete these programs successfully will be eligible to write National Registry Examinations. Certified EMTs find employment in pre-hospital healthcare, fire departments, emergency dispatch, security, safety teams, gaming, and the oil and gas industries. Nunez is a member of the Louisiana Community & Technical College System, and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees and Certificates.
- The nearest community college to Nunez Community College is Gretna College School of Allied Health (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 120 students | 5.40 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
- n/a students | 5.40 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
- 18,684 students | 9.00 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- 892 students | 13.30 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 289 students | 13.90 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.