Nunez Community College
- Nunez Community College is an open enrollment college serving Greater New Orleans. There is no minimum GPA or ACT/SAT required to be admitted! Nunez is a member of the Louisiana Community & Technical College System (LCTCS). We offer acdemic programs, including Louisiana Transfer Degrees, as well as career and technical education. Technical programs of note are: industrial technology (PTEC), welding, practical nursing (LPN), EMT/Paramedic, and culinary arts.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Nunez Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||60 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,617 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||44:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||898 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,719 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,200||$28,200|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gamma Beta Phi, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Government Association (SGA)
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Various programs offered by the Health & Natural Sciences Division includes Emergency Medical Technology Program, Nursing Assistant Certificate Program and Practical Nursing Certificate Program. The Emergency Medical Technology Programs prepare students to function as practitioners in the pre-hospital emergency medical environment. These curricula meet the requirements of local, state, and national accrediting agencies. Students who complete these programs successfully will be eligible to write National Registry Examinations. Certified EMTs find employment in pre-hospital healthcare, fire departments, emergency dispatch, security, safety teams, gaming, and the oil and gas industries. Nunez is a member of the Louisiana Community & Technical College System, and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees and Certificates.
- The nearest community college to Nunez Community College is Gretna College School of Allied Health (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 120 students | 5.40 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
(504) 366-5409 5.40120
- n/a students | 5.40 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
(504) 736-7072 5.40n/a
- 18,684 students | 9.00 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
(504) 671-5000 9.0018,684
- 892 students | 13.30 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
(504) 456-3141 13.30892
- 289 students | 13.90 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
(504) 671-6700 13.90289
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.