Nunez Community College
- Nunez Community College is an open enrollment college serving Greater New Orleans. There is no minimum GPA or ACT/SAT required to be admitted! Nunez is a member of the Louisiana Community & Technical College System (LCTCS). We offer acdemic programs, including Louisiana Transfer Degrees, as well as career and technical education. Technical programs of note are: industrial technology (PTEC), welding, practical nursing (LPN), EMT/Paramedic, and culinary arts.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Nunez Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||60 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,617 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||44:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||898 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,719 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,200||$28,200|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gamma Beta Phi, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Government Association (SGA)
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Various programs offered by the Health & Natural Sciences Division includes Emergency Medical Technology Program, Nursing Assistant Certificate Program and Practical Nursing Certificate Program. The Emergency Medical Technology Programs prepare students to function as practitioners in the pre-hospital emergency medical environment. These curricula meet the requirements of local, state, and national accrediting agencies. Students who complete these programs successfully will be eligible to write National Registry Examinations. Certified EMTs find employment in pre-hospital healthcare, fire departments, emergency dispatch, security, safety teams, gaming, and the oil and gas industries. Nunez is a member of the Louisiana Community & Technical College System, and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees and Certificates.
- The nearest community college to Nunez Community College is Gretna College School of Allied Health (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 120 students | 5.40 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
- n/a students | 5.40 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
- 18,684 students | 9.00 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- 892 students | 13.30 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 289 students | 13.90 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.