South Central College
- South Central College is a Minnesota Community and Technical College with a history of academic excellence since 1946. The college has campuses in two great communities: Faribault and Mankato.
- The teacher population of 137 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Central College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||137 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,387 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,587 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,800 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,100||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- South Central College offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science, Associate in Science (degrees), diplomas, and certificates. South Central College has more than 50 quality program options with industry-savvy instructors. Many programs have evening degree completion opportunities. South Central College offers a variety of online courses. South Central College offers on-campus child care, career counseling and academic support services including tutoring and ADA assistance. South Central College enjoys established relationships with regional businesses and industries that provide great employment opportunities for students and graduates. South Central College offers a unique agriculture education "2 plus 2" program in collaboration with the University of Minnesota.
- The nearest community college to South Central College is Bethany Lutheran College (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 531 students | 2.80 Mi700 Luther Dr
Mankato,  MN  56001
- 690 students | 4.50 Mi130 Saint Andrews Drive
Mankato,  MN  56001
- 216 students | 57.00 Mi7905 Golden Triangle Drive, Suite 100
Eden Prairie,  MN  55344
- 9,539 students | 57.40 Mi9700 France Ave S
Minneapolis,  MN  55431
- 763 students | 60.30 Mi1401 W 76 St
Minneapolis,  MN  55423
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.