South Central College
- South Central College is a Minnesota Community and Technical College with a history of academic excellence since 1946. The college has campuses in two great communities: Faribault and Mankato.
- The teacher population of 137 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Central College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||137 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,387 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,587 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,800 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,100||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- South Central College offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science, Associate in Science (degrees), diplomas, and certificates. South Central College has more than 50 quality program options with industry-savvy instructors. Many programs have evening degree completion opportunities. South Central College offers a variety of online courses. South Central College offers on-campus child care, career counseling and academic support services including tutoring and ADA assistance. South Central College enjoys established relationships with regional businesses and industries that provide great employment opportunities for students and graduates. South Central College offers a unique agriculture education "2 plus 2" program in collaboration with the University of Minnesota.
- The nearest community college to South Central College is Bethany Lutheran College (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 531 students | 2.80 Mi700 Luther Dr
Mankato,  MN  56001
- 690 students | 4.50 Mi130 Saint Andrews Drive
Mankato,  MN  56001
- 216 students | 57.00 Mi7905 Golden Triangle Drive, Suite 100
Eden Prairie,  MN  55344
- 9,539 students | 57.40 Mi9700 France Ave S
Minneapolis,  MN  55431
- 763 students | 60.30 Mi1401 W 76 St
Minneapolis,  MN  55423
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.