- Rasmussen College is dedicated to serving our communities by recognizing the diverse needs of individuals. We encourage personal and professional development through respect, appreciation, and a commitment to general education as a foundation for life-long learning. As an institution of higher learning, the College is committed to preparing students to be active, productive and successful contributors to a global community.
|Rasmussen College-Mankato||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Private For-profit||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||690 students||1,302 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,000||$37,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2010)||$15,500||$10,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2010)||$5,587||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rasmussen College is a private, for profit, two-year degree granting College with campuses in Brooklyn Park, Eagan, Mankato, Minnetonka, St. Cloud and an Online Division. Rasmussen College was founded in 1900 by Walter Rasmussen. The College offers day, evening, and online classes and awards Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees as well as diplomas and certificates in a variety of career areas. Rasmussen College specializes in career-focused training designed to provide you with maximum job placement potential. A Rasmussen College education is personalized, technology-intensive, focused, and innovative. You can graduate in as little as 9-months or earn a two-year degree. Rasmussen College is a leader in career education for one reason – our people. Our success depends on hiring the right people; creative people who deliver exceptional student services, inspired classroom instruction, and innovative operational management. Rasmussen College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges & Schools (NCA).
- The nearest community college to Rasmussen College-Mankato is Bethany Lutheran College (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 531 students | 2.20 Mi700 Luther Dr
Mankato,  MN  56001
- 3,387 students | 4.50 Mi1920 Lee Blvd
Mankato,  MN  56003
- 216 students | 54.00 Mi7905 Golden Triangle Drive, Suite 100
Eden Prairie,  MN  55344
- 9,539 students | 54.10 Mi9700 France Ave S
Minneapolis,  MN  55431
- 763 students | 57.10 Mi1401 W 76 St
Minneapolis,  MN  55423
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.