Bethany Lutheran College
- Bethany Lutheran College, owned and operated by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod, is a private, residential, liberal arts college committed to the teachings of the Bible as set forth in the Lutheran Confessions. Bethany provides studies culminating in a bachelor of arts degree. The college serves Lutherans and others by offering a challenging, student-centered approach to education that fosters spiritual development, intellectual and creative growth, self-understanding, and responsible citizenship. In keeping with its heritage, Bethany aspires to produce students with a clear understanding of Christian vocation, which calls people to make the most of their God-given talents in whatever walk of life they pursue.
Top Placements (Minnesota)
Listed among the top community colleges in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has declined by 34% over five years.
|Bethany Lutheran College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||531 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||500 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||31 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||467||124|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,600||$35,800|
- Bethany Lutheran College (BLC) is a private, residential, Christian, coeducational, liberal arts college founded in 1927, owned and operated by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod. Bethany is located in the heart of Mankato, whose new tag line 'A little Twin Cities. A lot Minnesota' accurately describes this thriving community of over 44,000 residents. Nestled in the beautiful Minnesota River Valley, the city combines the safety and security of a small town with the social and cultural advantages of a large city. The fifty-acre campus of Bethany Lutheran College overlooks the Minnesota River Valley in Mankato, Minnesota, a community of approximately forty thousand people. In 1911, Bethany Ladies College opened with forty-four students and four faculty members, and a mission to educate young women. In 1927 the Norwegian Synod, later known as the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS), purchased the college. The ELS operated the school as a co-educational high school and junior college until 1969, when the high school department was closed. Bethany Lutheran Theological Seminary began in 1946 as a department of the college; in 1975 it became a separate institution. Bethany Lutheran College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Bethany Lutheran College is Rasmussen College-Mankato (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 690 students | 2.20 Mi130 Saint Andrews Drive
Mankato,  MN  56001
- 3,387 students | 2.80 Mi1920 Lee Blvd
Mankato,  MN  56003
- 216 students | 56.00 Mi7905 Golden Triangle Drive, Suite 100
Eden Prairie,  MN  55344
- 9,539 students | 56.20 Mi9700 France Ave S
Minneapolis,  MN  55431
- 763 students | 59.20 Mi1401 W 76 St
Minneapolis,  MN  55423