Bethany Lutheran College
Bethany Lutheran College Photo #4 - Chapel services are offered daily for students, faculty and staff to attend.
- Bethany Lutheran College, owned and operated by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod, is a private, residential, liberal arts college committed to the teachings of the Bible as set forth in the Lutheran Confessions. Bethany provides studies culminating in a bachelor of arts degree. The college serves Lutherans and others by offering a challenging, student-centered approach to education that fosters spiritual development, intellectual and creative growth, self-understanding, and responsible citizenship. In keeping with its heritage, Bethany aspires to produce students with a clear understanding of Christian vocation, which calls people to make the most of their God-given talents in whatever walk of life they pursue.
The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bethany Lutheran College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||73 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bethany Lutheran College (BLC) is a private, residential, Christian, coeducational, liberal arts college founded in 1927, owned and operated by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod. Bethany is located in the heart of Mankato, whose new tag line 'A little Twin Cities. A lot Minnesota' accurately describes this thriving community of over 44,000 residents. Nestled in the beautiful Minnesota River Valley, the city combines the safety and security of a small town with the social and cultural advantages of a large city. The fifty-acre campus of Bethany Lutheran College overlooks the Minnesota River Valley in Mankato, Minnesota, a community of approximately forty thousand people. In 1911, Bethany Ladies College opened with forty-four students and four faculty members, and a mission to educate young women. In 1927 the Norwegian Synod, later known as the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS), purchased the college. The ELS operated the school as a co-educational high school and junior college until 1969, when the high school department was closed. Bethany Lutheran Theological Seminary began in 1946 as a department of the college; in 1975 it became a separate institution. Bethany Lutheran College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Bethany Lutheran College is Rasmussen College-Mankato (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 690 students | 2.70 Mi130 Saint Andrews Drive
Mankato,  MN  56001
(507) 625-6556 2.70690
- 2,746 students | 2.70 Mi1920 Lee Blvd
North Mankato,  MN  56003
(507) 389-7200 2.702,746
- 216 students | 56.10 Mi7905 Golden Triangle Drive, Suite 100
Eden Prairie,  MN  55344
(952) 914-5300 56.10216
- 9,784 students | 56.30 Mi9700 France Ave S
Bloomington,  MN  55431
(952) 358-8200 56.309,784
- 99 students | 58.60 Mi1600 W. 82nd Street, Suite 100
Bloomington,  MN  55431
(952) 851-0066 58.6099
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.