Bethany Lutheran College Photo #4 - Chapel services are offered daily for students, faculty and staff to attend.
- Bethany Lutheran College, owned and operated by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod, is a private, residential, liberal arts college committed to the teachings of the Bible as set forth in the Lutheran Confessions. Bethany provides studies culminating in a bachelor of arts degree. The college serves Lutherans and others by offering a challenging, student-centered approach to education that fosters spiritual development, intellectual and creative growth, self-understanding, and responsible citizenship. In keeping with its heritage, Bethany aspires to produce students with a clear understanding of Christian vocation, which calls people to make the most of their God-given talents in whatever walk of life they pursue.
Bethany Lutheran College serves 769 students (82% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is lower than the state community college average of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 31%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 769 students
- Private-state tuition: $24,450
- Acceptance Rate: 65%
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 16%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Bethany Lutheran College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
The teacher population of 140 teachers has grown by 174% over five years.
Bethany Lutheran College
(MN) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Bethany Lutheran College has grown by 18% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Bethany Lutheran College diversity score of 0.29 is less than the state average of 0.50. The school's diversity has declined by 25% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $24,450 is more than the state average of $17,637. The private state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Bethany Lutheran College (BLC) is a private, residential, Christian, coeducational, liberal arts college founded in 1927, owned and operated by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod. Bethany is located in the heart of Mankato, whose new tag line 'A little Twin Cities. A lot Minnesota' accurately describes this thriving community of over 44,000 residents. Nestled in the beautiful Minnesota River Valley, the city combines the safety and security of a small town with the social and cultural advantages of a large city. The fifty-acre campus of Bethany Lutheran College overlooks the Minnesota River Valley in Mankato, Minnesota, a community of approximately forty thousand people. In 1911, Bethany Ladies College opened with forty-four students and four faculty members, and a mission to educate young women. In 1927 the Norwegian Synod, later known as the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS), purchased the college. The ELS operated the school as a co-educational high school and junior college until 1969, when the high school department was closed. Bethany Lutheran Theological Seminary began in 1946 as a department of the college; in 1975 it became a separate institution. Bethany Lutheran College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bethany Lutheran College cost?
Bethany Lutheran College's private state tuition is approximately $24,450.
What is the acceptance rate of Bethany Lutheran College?
The acceptance rate of Bethany Lutheran College is 65%, which is lower than the state average of 91%. Bethany Lutheran College's acceptance rate is ranked among the top community colleges in Minnesota with low acceptance rates.
What is Bethany Lutheran College's ranking?
Bethany Lutheran College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Minnesota for: Lowest acceptance rates and Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.