Savannah Technical College
- Savannah Technical College is committed to meeting the dynamic economic and workforce development needs of individuals, employers, and communities by creating opportunities through market-driven technical education.
- The teacher population of 183 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Savannah Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||183 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,644 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,520 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,124 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,100||$29,600|
- In the spring of 1929, the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, the oldest business organization in the State of Georgia, engaged the Savannah Board of Public Education in discussions surrounding the need for a trained workforce to support the growing industrial economy of coastal Georgia. By fall, the Savannah Board of Public Education in cooperation with the business community opened the Opportunity School on Wright Square at Bull Street. The Opportunity School was established to train young men with the skills necessary to work in the new industrial age. In 1967, The Savannah Area Vocational-Technical School was officially dedicated to serve a five county region of Bryan, Chatham, Effingham, Liberty and Long counties. Savannah Technical College offers more than fifty Associate Degree, diploma and certificate programs for you to choose from ranging from computer information systems to early childhood education, from surgical technology to automotive technology and from accounting to aircraft structural assembly. Savannah Technical College offers programs for those just starting on a career, for those starting over or for those just taking the next step in their education. We offer a wide range of services and programs that are designed to meet your needs. Whether it's brushing up on basic skills, upgrading your knowledge and experience for an existing job, or retooling for a new career, you can find just what you're looking for at our campuses Savannah and Liberty County. Savannah Technical College is a great value and it's easily affordable. With a variety of financial assistance programs available, you can get started today. For many Georgia residents and military personnel and dependants, the HOPE Scholarship and HOPE Grant cover the cost of tuition, fees and books. Federal PELL grants, VA assistance, private scholarships and college-work study round out the options for financial aid. Savannah Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to Savannah Technical College is University of South Carolina-Beaufort (21.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,794 students | 21.00 Mi1 University Boulevard
Okatie,  SC  29909
(843) 208-8000 21.001,794
- 2,529 students | 37.00 Mi921 Ribaut Road
Beaufort,  SC  29901
(800) 768-8252 37.002,529
- 2,340 students | 48.00 MiOne Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd
Statesboro,  GA  30458
(912) 681-5500 48.002,340
- 1,076 students | 68.90 Mi465 James Brandt Blvd
Allendale,  SC  29810
(800) 922-5500 68.901,076
- 1,623 students | 74.30 Mi3001 E First St
Vidalia,  GA  30474
(912) 538-3100 74.301,623