Ogeechee Technical College
- Ogeechee Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, is a public institution of higher learning that contributes to economic, educational, and community development by providing quality technical education and services, adult literacy education, continuing education, and customized business and industry workforce training to the citizens of the communities it serves. Ogeechee Technical College will serve as a catalyst for economic prosperity in the region by providing a student-centered environment to prepare lifelong learners to succeed in a global society.
- The teacher population of 87 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ogeechee Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||87 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,340 students||2,588 students|
|# Full-Time Students||767 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,573 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,700||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Ogeechee Technical College is East Georgia State College (31.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,910 students | 31.70 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 699 students | 33.90 Mi346 Kite Rd
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 1,623 students | 34.60 Mi3001 E First St
Vidalia,  GA  30474
- 4,644 students | 48.50 Mi5717 White Bluff Rd
Savannah,  GA  31405
- 1,794 students | 49.80 Mi1 University Boulevard
Okatie,  SC  29909
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.