Technical College of the Lowcountry
- One of sixteen colleges comprising the South Carolina Technical College System, the Technical College of the Lowcountry traces its origin to the Mather School founded in 1868. The college is a comprehensive, public, two-year college dedicated to serving the diverse educational needs of the rural counties of Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton, and Jasper. The College annually serves approximately 8,500 credit and continuing education students, a mix of traditional, non-traditional, full-time, and part-time.
- Enrollment: 2,119 students
- In-state tuition: $4,660
- Out-state tuition: $8,812
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 49%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Technical College of the Lowcountry provides quality, affordable academic and technical programs leading to Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates in an environment fostering excellence in teaching and learning. The College prepares graduates with knowledge and skills for transfer to senior colleges and universities and for careers in computer technology, industrial technology, engineering technology, occupational technology, business, health sciences, and public service. As an open admissions institution, the Technical College of the Lowcountry offers over 70 academic, transfer, and specialized programs. Offerings include developmental education; arts and sciences; career development; specialized, contract courses tailored for specific businesses and industries; and continuing education to meet the workforce needs of the Lowcountry. TCL is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs, National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences (NACCAS) and Paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Technical College of the Lowcountry cost?
Technical College of the Lowcountry's tuition is approximately $4,660 for In-State students and $8,812 for Out-State students.
What schools are Technical College of the Lowcountry often compared to?
Technical College of the Lowcountryis often viewed alongside schools like University of South Carolina Beaufort by visitors of our site.
What is Technical College of the Lowcountry's ranking?
Technical College of the Lowcountry ranks among the top 20% of community college in South Carolina for: Diversity in US community colleges.