University of South Carolina-Beaufort
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (843) 208-8000
- The University of South Carolina Beaufort consists of two campuses, North Campus, located in historic downtown Beaufort, and South Campus, located on Highway 278 in Bluffton, near Hilton Head Island.
University of South Carolina-Beaufort ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 82 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of South Carolina-Beaufort||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Arts & Sciences Focus||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||82 staff||60 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1959 another act of the South Carolina legislature created the Beaufort campus of the University of South Carolina on the original Beaufort College site on the banks of the Beaufort River to offer USC courses. In 1994 International Paper gave eighty acres of land to build an additional full-service campus of USC Beaufort in the region's highest growth area. County government agreed to finance the construction of the campus if the University were designated as a four-year university. Once state approvals for four-year status were completed, construction of the South Campus began. In June 2002, USCB was granted four-year status by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education, and in 2004 USCB was accredited as a Level II baccalaureate degree granting university. Classes at the South Campus began in August 2004. The state's newest four-year university, USC Beaufort offers baccalaureate degrees, access to USC's Extended Graduate Campus classes and degrees and numerous continuing education programs at its two full-service campuses. USCB offers programs in mathematics and the natural sciences, humanities, and professional and social sciences. Its curriculum is designed to promote acquisition of knowledge and, through it, the intellectual dispositions and skills that encourage depth of understanding, tolerance of others and individual accountability. Attracting a racially and culturally diverse student body of varying ages and experiences, the University of South Carolina Beaufort draws its students primarily from the South Carolina Lowcountry, with representation from other parts of the state, other states, and foreign countries. The University encourages students to think analytically and abstractly, to explore options, to see similarities, to be open to differences, to communicate effectively, and to respect each individual. In addition to offering bacculaurete degrees, the University of South Carolina Beaufort offers Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees to Military Personnel at the Marine Corps Air Station and Parris Island Recruit Depot. USCB also partners with the Extended Graduate Campus of theUniversity of South Carolina to make graduate education available to citizens of the Lowcountry.
The nearest community college to University of South Carolina-Beaufort is Technical College of the Lowcountry (18.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,247 students | 18.50 Mi921 Ribaut Road
Beaufort, SC 29901
(800) 768-8252 18.502,247
- 3,817 students | 21.00 Mi5717 White Bluff Rd
Savannah, GA 31405
(912) 443-5700 21.003,817
- 996 students | 22.40 Mi709 Mall Blvd
Savannah, GA 31406
(912) 201-8000 22.40996
- 2,014 students | 48.10 MiOne Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd
Statesboro, GA 30458
(912) 681-5500 48.102,014
- 927 students | 52.40 Mi465 James Brandt Blvd
Allendale, SC 29810
(800) 922-5500 52.40927