University of South Carolina-Beaufort
- The University of South Carolina Beaufort consists of two campuses, North Campus, located in historic downtown Beaufort, and South Campus, located on Highway 278 in Bluffton, near Hilton Head Island.
- The teacher population of 82 teachers has declined by 34% over five years.
|University of South Carolina-Beaufort||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||82 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,794 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,435 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||359 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||648||260|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.43||0.54|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,900||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1959 another act of the South Carolina legislature created the Beaufort campus of the University of South Carolina on the original Beaufort College site on the banks of the Beaufort River to offer USC courses. In 1994 International Paper gave eighty acres of land to build an additional full-service campus of USC Beaufort in the region's highest growth area. County government agreed to finance the construction of the campus if the University were designated as a four-year university. Once state approvals for four-year status were completed, construction of the South Campus began. In June 2002, USCB was granted four-year status by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education, and in 2004 USCB was accredited as a Level II baccalaureate degree granting university. Classes at the South Campus began in August 2004. The state's newest four-year university, USC Beaufort offers baccalaureate degrees, access to USC's Extended Graduate Campus classes and degrees and numerous continuing education programs at its two full-service campuses. USCB offers programs in mathematics and the natural sciences, humanities, and professional and social sciences. Its curriculum is designed to promote acquisition of knowledge and, through it, the intellectual dispositions and skills that encourage depth of understanding, tolerance of others and individual accountability. Attracting a racially and culturally diverse student body of varying ages and experiences, the University of South Carolina Beaufort draws its students primarily from the South Carolina Lowcountry, with representation from other parts of the state, other states, and foreign countries. The University encourages students to think analytically and abstractly, to explore options, to see similarities, to be open to differences, to communicate effectively, and to respect each individual. In addition to offering bacculaurete degrees, the University of South Carolina Beaufort offers Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees to Military Personnel at the Marine Corps Air Station and Parris Island Recruit Depot. USCB also partners with the Extended Graduate Campus of theUniversity of South Carolina to make graduate education available to citizens of the Lowcountry.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,529 students | 18.40 Mi921 Ribaut Road
Beaufort,  SC  29901
- 4,644 students | 21.10 Mi5717 White Bluff Rd
Savannah,  GA  31405
- 1,490 students | 22.40 Mi709 Mall Blvd
Savannah,  GA  31406
- 2,340 students | 49.80 MiOne Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd
Statesboro,  GA  30458
- 1,076 students | 52.80 Mi465 James Brandt Blvd
Allendale,  SC  29810
September 13, 2017
Learn about the different financial options you have for affording community college.
September 13, 2017
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
September 13, 2017
Do you feel stuck in a career you don't enjoy? Are you considering making a switch? If so, keep reading to learn about community college for changing careers.