Tel: (912) 201-8000
- At South University, we'll help you make the most of your potential ? starting with a quality education that's backed by more than 100 years of dedication to excellence and personalized attention.
The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South University,Savannah||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Other Health Professions Schools||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||94 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- South University's largest campus is located on the south side of Savannah. Located on nine acres of land, the school is convenient to Savannah's bustling midtown section and gives students easy access to the city's vibrant educational and cultural activities. South University's Savannah, GA campus is home to the School of Business, School of Health Professions, and School of Pharmacy. The original School of Business building was constructed in 1979 and then renovated in 2000. Also in 2000, the Health Professions building was opened and houses classroom and lab facilities for the Physician Assistant, Physical Therapist Assisting, and Medical Assisting programs. The Health Professions Building also houses the campus library, student lounge, and administrative offices. The campus library houses a large collection that includes an extensive law library. Students may retrieve periodicals in paper or electronic form. The campus library houses a large book collection that includes extensive law, business and medical resources. Students may also retrieve articles in print and electronic formats from its collection of periodicals, many of which are accessible anywhere from on- or off-campus. Some of the sources that make these services available include: WESTLAW, the computerized legal research service; GALILEO, the Georgia network of databases, Ovid Technologies, and LIRN, a Florida based database service. A nonsectarian, co-educational institution of higher education, South University in Savannah, Georgia, is authorized under the Georgia Non-public Postsecondary Educational Institutions Act of 1990 to confer doctoral, master's, bachelor's, and associate's degrees. South University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. The Savannah campus is approved for training veterans and other individuals by the State of Georgia Department of Veterans Services, State Approving Agency, Atlanta, Georgia 30334.
The nearest community college to South University,Savannah is Savannah Technical College (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,817 students | 1.80 Mi5717 White Bluff Rd
Savannah, GA 31405
(912) 443-5700 1.803,817
- 2,116 students | 21.10 MiOne University Boulevard
Bluffton, SC 29909
(843) 208-8055 21.102,116
- 2,247 students | 37.90 Mi921 Ribaut Road
Beaufort, SC 29901
(800) 768-8252 37.902,247
- 2,014 students | 49.50 MiOne Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd
Statesboro, GA 30458
(912) 681-5500 49.502,014
- 3,546 students | 61.00 MiOne College Drive
Brunswick, GA 31520
(912) 279-5700 61.003,546
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.