- At South University, we'll help you make the most of your potential ? starting with a quality education that's backed by more than 100 years of dedication to excellence and personalized attention.
Top Placements (Georgia)
Listed among the top community colleges in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has declined by 74% over five years.
|South University-Savannah||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,490 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,135 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||355 students||1,473 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||592 students||1,116 students|
|# Graduate Students||543 students||62 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||461|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,100||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- South University's largest campus is located on the south side of Savannah. Located on nine acres of land, the school is convenient to Savannah's bustling midtown section and gives students easy access to the city's vibrant educational and cultural activities. South University's Savannah, GA campus is home to the School of Business, School of Health Professions, and School of Pharmacy. The original School of Business building was constructed in 1979 and then renovated in 2000. Also in 2000, the Health Professions building was opened and houses classroom and lab facilities for the Physician Assistant, Physical Therapist Assisting, and Medical Assisting programs. The Health Professions Building also houses the campus library, student lounge, and administrative offices. The campus library houses a large collection that includes an extensive law library. Students may retrieve periodicals in paper or electronic form. The campus library houses a large book collection that includes extensive law, business and medical resources. Students may also retrieve articles in print and electronic formats from its collection of periodicals, many of which are accessible anywhere from on- or off-campus. Some of the sources that make these services available include: WESTLAW, the computerized legal research service; GALILEO, the Georgia network of databases, Ovid Technologies, and LIRN, a Florida based database service. A nonsectarian, co-educational institution of higher education, South University in Savannah, Georgia, is authorized under the Georgia Non-public Postsecondary Educational Institutions Act of 1990 to confer doctoral, master's, bachelor's, and associate's degrees. South University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. The Savannah campus is approved for training veterans and other individuals by the State of Georgia Department of Veterans Services, State Approving Agency, Atlanta, Georgia 30334.
- The nearest community college to South University-Savannah is Savannah Technical College (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,644 students | 1.70 Mi5717 White Bluff Rd
Savannah,  GA  31405
- 1,794 students | 22.40 Mi1 University Boulevard
Okatie,  SC  29909
- 2,529 students | 37.90 Mi921 Ribaut Road
Beaufort,  SC  29901
- 2,340 students | 49.80 MiOne Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd
Statesboro,  GA  30458
- 1,076 students | 71.10 Mi465 James Brandt Blvd
Allendale,  SC  29810
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.