- The mission of Sandhills Community College is to provide educational programs of the highest quality to all the people of Sandhills.
Sandhills Community College serves 3,990 students (29% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is same as the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 40%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 3,990 students
- In-state tuition: $2,385
- Out-state tuition: $8,529
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 34%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 447 teachers has grown by 75% over five years.
Sandhills Community College
(NC) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Sandhills Community College has declined by 5% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Sandhills Community College diversity score of 0.54 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has declined by 11% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,385 is less than the state average of $2,531. The in-state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,529 is more than the state average of $8,245. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2007)
Total Sports Offered
Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Track and Field, Volleyball
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Sandhills Community College was established in December 1963 under authority of the 1963 State Community College Act. Following the leadership of Representative H. Clifton Blue, Moore County citizens petitioned the State Board of Education for approval to establish a community college in the county and voted overwhelmingly for a one million dollar bond issue for construction and a tax levy for operation and maintenance of facilities. Before the end of 1963, a board of trustees had been named, an organizational meeting held, an architect selected, and Dr. Raymond Stone chosen as first president of the college. Today, the college is a modern, fourteen-building campus with a new student center and soon-to-be-completed educational technology building. The college's presence and capabilities are also growing at its facility in Hoke County where planning is underway to develop a second building—an education center. The college offers three college transfer degrees (Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Fine Arts) and more than thirty technical programs leading to an associate's degree, diploma or certificate. SCC ranks 10th in the System in students who transfer to four-year colleges and universities in NC. Continuing Education offers classes in areas such as computers, community enrichment, basic skills education (Adult High School, English as a Second Language, GED, etc.), small business, public services (i.e. fire, law enforcement, and rescue), occupational Spanish, and more. Sandhills Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate's degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Sandhills Community College cost?
Sandhills Community College's tuition is approximately $2,385 for In-State students and $8,529 for Out-State students.
What sports does Sandhills Community College offer?
Sandhills Community College offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Track and Field and Volleyball.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.