Sandhills Community College
- The mission of Sandhills Community College is to provide educational programs of the highest quality to all the people of Sandhills.
- Enrollment: 3,990 students
- In-state tuition: $2,385
- Out-state tuition: $8,529
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 34%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Sandhills Community College was established in December 1963 under authority of the 1963 State Community College Act. Following the leadership of Representative H. Clifton Blue, Moore County citizens petitioned the State Board of Education for approval to establish a community college in the county and voted overwhelmingly for a one million dollar bond issue for construction and a tax levy for operation and maintenance of facilities. Before the end of 1963, a board of trustees had been named, an organizational meeting held, an architect selected, and Dr. Raymond Stone chosen as first president of the college. Today, the college is a modern, fourteen-building campus with a new student center and soon-to-be-completed educational technology building. The college's presence and capabilities are also growing at its facility in Hoke County where planning is underway to develop a second building—an education center. The college offers three college transfer degrees (Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Fine Arts) and more than thirty technical programs leading to an associate's degree, diploma or certificate. SCC ranks 10th in the System in students who transfer to four-year colleges and universities in NC. Continuing Education offers classes in areas such as computers, community enrichment, basic skills education (Adult High School, English as a Second Language, GED, etc.), small business, public services (i.e. fire, law enforcement, and rescue), occupational Spanish, and more. Sandhills Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate's degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Sandhills Community College cost?
Sandhills Community College's tuition is approximately $2,385 for In-State students and $8,529 for Out-State students.
What sports does Sandhills Community College offer?
Sandhills Community College offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Track and Field and Volleyball.