Sandhills Community College
- The teacher population of 254 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Sandhills Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||254 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,016 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,879 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,137 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,200||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Sandhills Community College was established in December 1963 under authority of the 1963 State Community College Act. Following the leadership of Representative H. Clifton Blue, Moore County citizens petitioned the State Board of Education for approval to establish a community college in the county and voted overwhelmingly for a one million dollar bond issue for construction and a tax levy for operation and maintenance of facilities. Before the end of 1963, a board of trustees had been named, an organizational meeting held, an architect selected, and Dr. Raymond Stone chosen as first president of the college. Today, the college is a modern, fourteen-building campus with a new student center and soon-to-be-completed educational technology building. The college's presence and capabilities are also growing at its facility in Hoke County where planning is underway to develop a second building—an education center. The college offers three college transfer degrees (Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Fine Arts) and more than thirty technical programs leading to an associate's degree, diploma or certificate. SCC ranks 10th in the System in students who transfer to four-year colleges and universities in NC. Continuing Education offers classes in areas such as computers, community enrichment, basic skills education (Adult High School, English as a Second Language, GED, etc.), small business, public services (i.e. fire, law enforcement, and rescue), occupational Spanish, and more. Sandhills Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate's degree.
- The nearest community college to Sandhills Community College is Central Carolina Community College (22.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,248 students | 22.70 Mi1105 Kelly Dr
Sanford,  NC  27330
- 2,531 students | 27.90 Mi1042 W Hamlet Ave
Hamlet,  NC  28345
- 863 students | 28.20 Mi1011 Page St
Troy,  NC  27371
- 11,534 students | 29.00 Mi2201 Hull Rd
Fayetteville,  NC  28303
- 2,771 students | 39.40 Mi629 Industrial Pk Ave
Asheboro,  NC  27205
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.