Central Carolina Community College
- Central Carolina Community College is committed to understanding and meeting the educational needs of the area`s citizens, businesses, industries, and service sectors. The College provides life-long educational opportunities consistent with our students` interests and abilities, prepares graduates capable of acquiring and applying knowledge and succeeding in the regional and global community, and serves as a positive economic, social, and cultural catalyst in our diverse communities. The College is committed to teaching and learning excellence.
- Enrollment: 5,154 students
- In-state tuition: $2,396
- Out-state tuition: $8,540
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 43%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Central Carolina Community College is a tax supported, public non-profit school under the control of a local board of trustees. Chartered in 1958 by the North Carolina State Board of Education, it became a part of the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges in 1963. The first curriculum classes were held in September 17, 1962. Central Carolina Community College's main campus is located on a 41-acre site on Kelly Drive off Nash Street near U.S. Highway 421 (east), Sanford, North Carolina, and has 177,000 square feet of class room, shop, and laboratory space. Ample equipment, a large Learning Resource Center, and an efficient staff provide optimum training in a variety of adult programs. The College provides market-responsive technical and vocational programs, university transfer programs, a strong general education core, educational programs and services custom-tailored to the needs of business and industry, instruction and training for career development, a comprehensive literacy program, emergency-services education, avocational and cultural enrichment courses and opportunities, supervised work experiences, educational opportunities in area correctional facilities, and enrichment opportunities for public school students (sixteen years or older), as well as special programs and services for students under the age of 16. In addition to the two-year programs that lead to an Associate of Applied Science Degree, one-year programs that lead to a diploma, and the Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Degree programs that transfer to a four-year college or university, Central Carolina Community College also offers non-credit courses in adult basic education, adult high school and other adult education courses in technical, vocational, academic and general interest areas. Central Carolina Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Central Carolina Community College cost?
Central Carolina Community College's tuition is approximately $2,396 for In-State students and $8,540 for Out-State students.
What sports does Central Carolina Community College offer?
Central Carolina Community College offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Golf and Volleyball.
What is Central Carolina Community College's ranking?
Central Carolina Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Carolina for: Largest student body.