Fayetteville Technical Community College
Tel: (910) 678-8400
- FTCC offers over 280 programs of study leading to the award of associate degree, certificate, or diploma. For flexibility, many programs are available 100 percent online. With so much variety to offer, FTCC truly offers something for everyone. Our faculty members care about your success and are highly skilled in their areas of expertise. Beyond the classroom, FTCC offers extensive support services, such as the Student Learning Center, the Paul H. Thompson Library, counseling services, services specifically in support of our military and veteran students, and social activities through student clubs and organizations. I encourage you to stay focused on your goals, work hard, and take advantage of these free services designed to make your journey at Fayetteville Tech both enjoyable and successful.
Upcoming Events and News
- Virtual Open House - 07/14/2020 - Thanks for on making FTCC the choice for your education. FTCC offers over 280 programs of study leading to the award of associate degree, certificate, or diploma. For flexibility, many ...moreprograms are available 100 percent online. With so much variety to offer, FTCC truly offers something for everyone hide
Fayetteville Technical Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 798 teachers has grown by 76% over five years.
|Fayetteville Technical Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||798 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||12,021 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,646 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,375 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$27,500|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||40 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Accounting Club, Advertising Design Club, Architectural Technology Club, Assocation of Nursing Students I, Association of Information Technology Professionals, Association of Nursing Students II, Association of Students for Social Justice Club, Cosmetology Club, Criminal Justice Association, Cyber Security Club, Fine Arts Club, Forensic Science Club, FTCC Alumni Association, FTCC Game Club, Future Culinarians of America, Game Developers Club, Health and Fitness Science, Horticulture Club, Information Systems Security Association, Mountain Bike Club, National Society of Leadership and Success, National Technical Honor Society, Paralegal Club, Parents for HIgher Education, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Physical Therapist Assistant Club, Practical Nursing Education Association, Psychology Club, Radiography Club, Respiratory Care Club, Science Club, Sigma Kappa Delta English Honor Society, SkillsUSA, Society of American Military Engineers, Speech Language Pathology Club, Student American Dental Hygienists Association, Student Government Association (SGA), Student Veterans of America, Surgical Technology Club
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The purpose of Fayetteville Technical Community College is to provide affordable vocational-technical, business and industry, general education, college transfer, and continuing education programs, which meet the needs and desires of its diverse students and economic development needs for the community. To improve the educational base of society, FTCC encourages life-long learning and strives to prepare students for further workforce and educational experiences. FTCC identifies the educational needs of applicants and assists students in satisfying these needs at a minimal expense. Each adult who applies will be admitted to a program appropriate to his/her abilities and interests. The College is in partnership with the public school system through Career and College Promise and other programs. Further, agreements with four-year colleges and universities support the educational continuum from high school through the baccalaureate degree. Curricular programs reflect the changing technical, commercial, industrial, and health needs of Fayetteville, Cumberland County, and surrounding areas. Various curricula offer certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. As a learning-centered college, FTCC offers courses and programs at times and places convenient to students in a variety of delivery modes. Courses are also available for high school graduates who need additional academic preparation before attempting college work. FTCC provides instruction in the basic life skills needed to contribute effectively to society. Continuing Education programs are designed to meet specific needs in basic educational competencies, high school completion, upgrading occupational skills, and other avocational or practical skills required for the rapidly changing technological advances in the community.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Fayetteville Technical Community College is Robeson Community College (27.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,988 students | 27.30 Mi5160 Fayetteville Rd
Lumberton,  NC  28360
(910) 272-3700 27.301,988
- 4,016 students | 29.20 Mi3395 Airport Rd
Pinehurst,  NC  28374
(910) 692-6185 29.204,016
- 1,334 students | 30.30 Mi7418 NC Hwy 41 West
Dublin,  NC  28332
(910) 879-5500 30.301,334
- 5,248 students | 30.60 Mi1105 Kelly Dr
Sanford,  NC  27330
(919) 775-5401 30.605,248
- 1,551 students | 36.80 MiHighway 24 West
Clinton,  NC  28329
(910) 592-8081 36.801,551
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.