Fayetteville Technical Community College
- FTCC offers over 250 programs of study leading to the award of associate degree, certificate, or diploma. For flexibility, many programs are available 100 percent online. With so much variety to offer, FTCC truly offers something for everyone. Our faculty members care about your success and are highly skilled in their areas of expertise. Beyond the classroom, FTCC offers extensive support services, such as the Student Learning Center, the Paul H. Thompson Library, counseling services, services specifically in support of our military and veteran students, and social activities through student clubs and organizations. I encourage you to stay focused on your goals, work hard, and take advantage of these free services designed to make your journey at Fayetteville Tech both enjoyable and successful.
Fayetteville Technical Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 798 teachers has grown by 76% over five years.
|Fayetteville Technical Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||798 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,534 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,509 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,025 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$27,500|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||41 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Accounting Club, Advertising Design Club, Architectural Technology Club, Assocation of Nursing Students I, Association of Information Technology Professionals, Association of Nursing Students II, Association of Students for Social Justice Club, Cosmetology Club, Criminal Justice Association, Cyber Security Club, Fine Arts Club, Forensic Science Club, FTCC Alumni Association, FTCC Game Club, Future Culinarians of America, Game Developers Club, Health and Fitness Science, Horticulture Club, Information Systems Security Association, Mountain Bike Club, National Society of Leadership and Success, National Technical Honor Society, Paralegal Club, Parents for HIgher Education, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Physical Therapist Assistant Club, Practical Nursing Education Association, Psychology Club, Radiography Club, Respiratory Care Club, Science Club, Sigma Kappa Delta English Honor Society, SkillsUSA, Society of American Military Engineers, Speech Language Pathology Club, Student American Dental Hygienists Association, Student Government Association (SGA), Student Mentoring Club, Student Veterans of America, Surgical Technology Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The purpose of Fayetteville Technical Community College is to provide affordable vocational-technical, business and industry, general education, college transfer, and continuing education programs, which meet the needs and desires of its diverse students and economic development needs for the community. To improve the educational base of society, FTCC encourages life-long learning and strives to prepare students for further workforce and educational experiences. FTCC identifies the educational needs of applicants and assists students in satisfying these needs at a minimal expense. Each adult who applies will be admitted to a program appropriate to his/her abilities and interests. The College is in partnership with the public school system through Career and College Promise and other programs. Further, agreements with four-year colleges and universities support the educational continuum from high school through the baccalaureate degree. Curricular programs reflect the changing technical, commercial, industrial, and health needs of Fayetteville, Cumberland County, and surrounding areas. Various curricula offer certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. As a learning-centered college, FTCC offers courses and programs at times and places convenient to students in a variety of delivery modes. Courses are also available for high school graduates who need additional academic preparation before attempting college work. FTCC provides instruction in the basic life skills needed to contribute effectively to society. Continuing Education programs are designed to meet specific needs in basic educational competencies, high school completion, upgrading occupational skills, and other avocational or practical skills required for the rapidly changing technological advances in the community.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Fayetteville Technical Community College is Robeson Community College (27.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,988 students | 27.50 Mi5160 Fayetteville Rd
Lumberton,  NC  28360
- 4,016 students | 29.00 Mi3395 Airport Rd
Pinehurst,  NC  28374
- 4,776 students | 30.40 Mi1105 Kelly Dr
Sanford,  NC  27330
- 1,334 students | 31.40 Mi7418 NC Hwy 41 West
Dublin,  NC  28332
- 1,551 students | 34.90 MiHighway 24 West
Clinton,  NC  28329
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.