Fayetteville Technical Community College
- FTCC offers over 250 programs of study leading to the award of associate degree, certificate, or diploma. For flexibility, many programs are available 100 percent online. With so much variety to offer, FTCC truly offers something for everyone. Our faculty members care about your success and are highly skilled in their areas of expertise. Beyond the classroom, FTCC offers extensive support services, such as the Student Learning Center, the Paul H. Thompson Library, counseling services, services specifically in support of our military and veteran students, and social activities through student clubs and organizations. I encourage you to stay focused on your goals, work hard, and take advantage of these free services designed to make your journey at Fayetteville Tech both enjoyable and successful.
- The teacher population of 748 teachers has grown by 23% over five years.
|Fayetteville Technical Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||748 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,660 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,559 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,101 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$27,500|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||42 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Accounting Club, Advertising Design Club, African/American Heritage Club, Architectural Technology Club, Assocation of Nursing Students I, Association of Information Technology Professionals, Association of Nursing Students II, Association of Students for Social Justice Club, Automotive Refinishing Club, Cosmetology Club, Criminal Justice Association, EACH, Fine Arts Club, Forensic Science Club, FTCC Alumni Association, FTCC Game Club, Future Culinarians of America, Health and Fitness Science, Horticulture Club, Information Systems Security Association, National Society of Leadership and Success, National Technical Honor Society, Paralegal Club, Parents for HIgher Education, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Physical Therapist Assistant Club, Practical Nursing Education Association, Psychology Club, Radiography Club, Respiratory Care Club, Science Club, Sigma Kappa Delta English Honor Society, SkillsUSA, Society of American Military Engineers, Speech Language Pathology Club, Student American Dental Hygienists Association, Student Government Association (SGA), Student Mentoring Club, Student Veterans of America, Students Against Destructive Decisions, Surgical Technology Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The purpose of Fayetteville Technical Community College is to provide affordable vocational-technical, business and industry, general education, college transfer, and continuing education programs, which meet the needs and desires of its diverse students and economic development needs for the community. To improve the educational base of society, FTCC encourages life-long learning and strives to prepare students for further workforce and educational experiences. FTCC identifies the educational needs of applicants and assists students in satisfying these needs at a minimal expense. Each adult who applies will be admitted to a program appropriate to his/her abilities and interests. The College is in partnership with the public school system through Career and College Promise and other programs. Further, agreements with four-year colleges and universities support the educational continuum from high school through the baccalaureate degree. Curricular programs reflect the changing technical, commercial, industrial, and health needs of Fayetteville, Cumberland County, and surrounding areas. Various curricula offer certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. As a learning-centered college, FTCC offers courses and programs at times and places convenient to students in a variety of delivery modes. Courses are also available for high school graduates who need additional academic preparation before attempting college work. FTCC provides instruction in the basic life skills needed to contribute effectively to society. Continuing Education programs are designed to meet specific needs in basic educational competencies, high school completion, upgrading occupational skills, and other avocational or practical skills required for the rapidly changing technological advances in the community.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,988 students | 27.50 Mi5160 Fayetteville Rd
Lumberton,  NC  28360
- 4,016 students | 29.00 Mi3395 Airport Rd
Pinehurst,  NC  28374
- 4,776 students | 30.40 Mi1105 Kelly Dr
Sanford,  NC  27330
- 1,334 students | 31.40 Mi7418 NC Hwy 41 West
Dublin,  NC  28332
- 1,551 students | 34.90 MiHighway 24 West
Clinton,  NC  28329
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.