Fayetteville Technical Community College
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (910) 678-8400
- FTCC offers over 280 programs of study leading to the award of associate degree, certificate, or diploma. For flexibility, many programs are available 100 percent online. With so much variety to offer, FTCC truly offers something for everyone. Our faculty members care about your success and are highly skilled in their areas of expertise. Beyond the classroom, FTCC offers extensive support services, such as the Student Learning Center, the Paul H. Thompson Library, counseling services, services specifically in support of our military and veteran students, and social activities through student clubs and organizations. I encourage you to stay focused on your goals, work hard, and take advantage of these free services designed to make your journey at Fayetteville Tech both enjoyable and successful.
Upcoming Events and News
- Virtual Open House - 07/14/2020 - Thanks for on making FTCC the choice for your education. FTCC offers over 280 programs of study leading to the award of associate degree, certificate, or diploma. For flexibility, many ...moreprograms are available 100 percent online. With so much variety to offer, FTCC truly offers something for everyone hide
Fayetteville Technical Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 798 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fayetteville Technical Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||798 staff||141 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||40 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Accounting Club, Advertising Design Club, Architectural Technology Club, Assocation of Nursing Students I, Association of Information Technology Professionals, Association of Nursing Students II, Association of Students for Social Justice Club, Cosmetology Club, Criminal Justice Association, Cyber Security Club, Fine Arts Club, Forensic Science Club, FTCC Alumni Association, FTCC Game Club, Future Culinarians of America, Game Developers Club, Health and Fitness Science, Horticulture Club, Information Systems Security Association, Mountain Bike Club, National Society of Leadership and Success, National Technical Honor Society, Paralegal Club, Parents for HIgher Education, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Physical Therapist Assistant Club, Practical Nursing Education Association, Psychology Club, Radiography Club, Respiratory Care Club, Science Club, Sigma Kappa Delta English Honor Society, SkillsUSA, Society of American Military Engineers, Speech Language Pathology Club, Student American Dental Hygienists Association, Student Government Association (SGA), Student Veterans of America, Surgical Technology Club
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The purpose of Fayetteville Technical Community College is to provide affordable vocational-technical, business and industry, general education, college transfer, and continuing education programs, which meet the needs and desires of its diverse students and economic development needs for the community. To improve the educational base of society, FTCC encourages life-long learning and strives to prepare students for further workforce and educational experiences. FTCC identifies the educational needs of applicants and assists students in satisfying these needs at a minimal expense. Each adult who applies will be admitted to a program appropriate to his/her abilities and interests. The College is in partnership with the public school system through Career and College Promise and other programs. Further, agreements with four-year colleges and universities support the educational continuum from high school through the baccalaureate degree. Curricular programs reflect the changing technical, commercial, industrial, and health needs of Fayetteville, Cumberland County, and surrounding areas. Various curricula offer certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. As a learning-centered college, FTCC offers courses and programs at times and places convenient to students in a variety of delivery modes. Courses are also available for high school graduates who need additional academic preparation before attempting college work. FTCC provides instruction in the basic life skills needed to contribute effectively to society. Continuing Education programs are designed to meet specific needs in basic educational competencies, high school completion, upgrading occupational skills, and other avocational or practical skills required for the rapidly changing technological advances in the community.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Fayetteville Technical Community College is Robeson Community College (27.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,671 students | 27.30 Mi5160 Fayetteville Road
Lumberton,  NC  28360
(910) 272-3700 27.301,671
- 4,018 students | 29.20 Mi3395 Airport Rd
Pinehurst,  NC  28374
(910) 692-6185 29.204,018
- 1,017 students | 30.30 Mi7418 NC Hwy 41 West
Dublin,  NC  28332
(910) 879-5500 30.301,017
- 5,248 students | 30.60 Mi1105 Kelly Dr
Sanford,  NC  27330
(919) 775-5401 30.605,248
- 1,293 students | 36.80 MiHighway 24 West
Clinton,  NC  28328
(910) 593-00000000 36.801,293
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.