Saint Louis Community College
- The Forest Park campus is adjacent to several other major health, cultural and educational centers, such as the St. Louis Science Center, Saint Louis University High School and the BJC medical complex. Forest Park is Missouri's leading provider of health technology training, offering 13 medical programs, ranging from Funeral Services and Diagnostic Medical Sonography to Dental Hygiene, Nursing and Health Information Technology. Forest Park also is the premier trainer for the hospitality industry in St. Louis, offering programs in Hotel/Restaurant Management, Culinary Arts and Tourism. Forest Park also supports the William J. Harrison Education Center in North St. Louis, offering credit and non-credit courses and contractual training.
- The teacher population of 783 teachers has grown by 198% over five years.
|Saint Louis Community College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||783 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||21,218 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||8,682 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12,536 students||612 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Today, with a service area that spans 718 square miles, St. Louis Community College is Missouri's largest and one of the nation's most noted community college systems. Nearly 65,000 persons of all ages and educational backgrounds enroll for credit and non-credit courses each semester. Approximately one-half the households in the St. Louis area have at least one person who has attended the college. St. Louis Community College's three campuses, Florissant Valley, Forest Park and Meramec, are shaped by their urban and suburban communities, and many programs are planned for the needs and special interests of their surrounding areas. The campuses offer freshman- and sophomore-level college transfer, career and developmental programs, plus non-credit continuing education courses. Each campus was designed to serve an area population of 400,000 to 600,000. Because the campuses primarily serve local students, sites were chosen on the basis of commuter access, availability of public transportation, cost, size, utilities, environment, projected population growth and community interest. The college also offers credit and non-credit courses through its continuing education programs. The courses, offered at more than 50 locations, represent program areas ranging from on-site career training at businesses, industries and government agencies to personal subjects to instructional television. At Forest Park we specialize in freshman - and- sophomore-level courses taught by faculty, not graduate students or teaching assistants. Our teachers hold master's and doctorate degrees or advanced licensing degrees in technical fields. Our classes are small and taught at times to fit your busy schedule -including evenings and weekends. In fact, you can earn a general transfer degree totally on weekends through our accelerated Weekend College program. Forest Park offers intercollegiate competition in soccer, basketball, baseball and softball for both men and women. Forest Park is committed to providing quality opportunities in athletics that enhance the students educational experience.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 305 students | 1.00 Mi909 South Taylor Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63110
- 1,851 students | 2.30 Mi4431 Finney Ave
Saint Louis,  MO  63113
- 586 students | 3.10 Mi1405 South Hanley Road
Saint Louis,  MO  63144
- 172 students | 4.20 Mi1521 Washington Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63103
- 308 students | 6.20 Mi9811 South Forty Drive
Saint Louis,  MO  63124
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.