Ranken Technical College
- Ranken Technical College is a private, non-profit, degree granting institution of higher learning whose primary mission is to provide the comprehensive education and training necessary to prepare students for employment and advancement in a variety of technical fields.
Ranken Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 110 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ranken Technical College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||110 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,851 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,218 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||633 students||612 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||200||200|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,800||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ranken Technical College has multiple locations in Missouri. Ranken's state-of-the-art equipment and facilities and campus are continually updated to provide students exposure to cutting-edge technology. Through day and evening school programs, Ranken students are trained to enter over 100 professional fields. Each program features Ranken Technical College provide you with the education, training and experience necessary for a successful career in a variety of technical fields. Expert skills and working knowledge of new technologies help Ranken graduates get ahead faster. We offer two bachelor programs, two-year associate degree programs, and one-and two-year certificate programs in a variety of technical fields through our Day School and Evening School programs. As an accredited member of the Higher Lerning Commission, Ranken provides quality education, with standards equal to those of leading four-year colleges in the St. Louis region. In two short years, Ranken students graduate with comprehensive training in degree and certificate programs. Plus, our credits are transferable through articulation agreements with many local four-year colleges.
- The nearest community college to Ranken Technical College is St Louis College of Health Careers-St Louis (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 305 students | 1.60 Mi909 South Taylor Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63110
- 21,218 students | 2.30 Mi300 South Broadway
Saint Louis,  MO  63102
- 172 students | 2.90 Mi1521 Washington Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63103
- 7,438 students | 8.10 Mi3400 Pershall Rd
Saint Louis,  MO  63135
- 225 students | 9.50 Mi964 South Highway Drive
Fenton,  MO  63026
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.