Stevens - The Institute of Business & Arts
Tel: (314) 421-0949
Stevens - The Institute of Business & Arts Photo #3 - Our campus on Washington Ave. in downtown St. Louis.
Stevens - The Institute of Business & Arts Photo #4 - Interior Design students craft their senior portfolios.
Stevens - The Institute of Business & Arts Photo #5 - Graphic Design students present ideas to a marketing firm in St. Louis.
Stevens - The Institute of Business & Arts Photo #6 - Retail Management/Fashion Merchandising students create window designs for visual merchandising.
- Stevens - The Institute of Business & Arts (Siba) got it`s start as Patricia Stevens College in 1947. Our campus at 1521 Washington Avenue is located in the heart of St. Louis` revitalized Garment District. Our building was constructed in 1917 for the George E Keith shoe factory.Since our start more than 70 years ago, Siba has been committed to offering small class sizes, individual attention, and expert instructors. Our nurturing environment and adaptability help you develop the skills today`s employers seek in graduates. We strive to make our community accessible to students of all backgrounds by offering a variety of financial aid options. Since our establishment, we have been dedicated to strengthening our region with a committed presence downtown and exceptional graduates.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Stevens - The Institute of Business & Arts||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||172 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||124 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||48 students||612 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,000||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Stevens Institute of Business & Arts (SIBA) offers a wide variety of programs to study. We offer a 36 month Bachelors' Degree program in Interior Design, Business Administration, Paralegal Studies and Retail Management / Fashion Merchandising. We offer 18 month Associate of Applied Science Degrees in Tourism and Hospitality Management, Interior Design, Business Administration,Paralegal Studies, and Retail Management/Fashion Merchandising. Our average class size is 10-15 students, which allows for plenty of interaction among classmates and instructors. Each faculty member holds a degree related to the classes they teach, and they possess valuable practical experience in their fields. The placement rate for the college's graduates is 90%-100%. Stevens - The Institute of Business & Arts also helps its graduates set up job interviews and instructs them on setting goals, writing resumes, interview skills, and helps them develop professionalism in dress and attitude. Siba is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award certificates, diplomas, Associate in Applied Science degrees and Bachelor of Science and Arts degrees. We have rolling applications/enrollments and applicants must have a high school diploma or a state GED.
- The nearest community college to Stevens - The Institute of Business & Arts is Saint Louis Community College (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 21,218 students | 0.90 Mi300 South Broadway
Saint Louis,  MO  63102
(314) 539-5000 0.9021,218
- 1,851 students | 2.90 Mi4431 Finney Ave
Saint Louis,  MO  63113
(866) 472-6536 2.901,851
- 305 students | 3.30 Mi909 South Taylor Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63110
(314) 652-0300 3.30305
- 7,438 students | 10.50 Mi3400 Pershall Rd
Saint Louis,  MO  63135
(314) 513-4200 10.507,438
- 11,439 students | 12.60 Mi11333 Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis,  MO  63122
(314) 984-7500 12.6011,439
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.