Saint Louis Community College-Florissant Valley
- The Florissant Valley campus is known for excellence in engineering and technology, in addition to a strong general education curriculum. The campus is home to St. Louis' only two-year biotechnology program, which is a leader in providing highly skilled workers for this emerging industry. Florissant Valley also offers unique programs in chemical technology and deaf communications, and has nationally recognized programs in art and childcare. The childcare program has an on-site Child Development Center, which is a national model, licensed by the state of Missouri and the National Association for the Education of the Young Child.
- The teacher population of 215 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Saint Louis Community College-Florissant Valley||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||215 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,438 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,177 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,261 students||612 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$32,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Today, with a service area that spans 718 square miles, St. Louis Community College is Missouri's largest and one of the nation's most noted community college systems. Nearly 65,000 persons of all ages and educational backgrounds enroll for credit and non-credit courses each semester. Approximately one-half the households in the St. Louis area have at least one person who has attended the college. St. Louis Community College's three campuses, Florissant Valley, Forest Park and Meramec, are shaped by their urban and suburban communities, and many programs are planned for the needs and special interests of their surrounding areas. The campuses offer freshman- and sophomore-level college transfer, career and developmental programs, plus non-credit continuing education courses. Each campus was designed to serve an area population of 400,000 to 600,000. Because the campuses primarily serve local students, sites were chosen on the basis of commuter access, availability of public transportation, cost, size, utilities, environment, projected population growth and community interest. The college also offers credit and non-credit courses through its continuing education programs. The courses, offered at more than 50 locations, represent program areas ranging from on-site career training at businesses, industries and government agencies to personal subjects to instructional television. Florissant Valley is situated on 108 acres of rolling, wooded hills in North St. Louis County. The well-lighted and well-maintained campus is conveniently located on Highway 270 near Highway 170. The campus is known for excellence in engineering and technology, teacher education and general education. A nationally recognized art program, chemical technology program and child care program with a Child Development Center are located on the Florissant Valley campus. About 10,000 students are enrolled in transfer, career and continuing education courses.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,287 students | 3.30 Mi8580 Evans Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63134
- 1,851 students | 8.10 Mi4431 Finney Ave
Saint Louis,  MO  63113
- 21,218 students | 9.50 Mi300 South Broadway
Saint Louis,  MO  63102
- 305 students | 9.50 Mi909 South Taylor Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63110
- 415 students | 9.70 Mi940 Westport Plaza
Saint Louis,  MO  63146
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.