Rowan College at Burlington County
Rowan College at Burlington County Photo #2 - The state-of-the art Student Success Center, designed by USA Architects in collaboration with Moody Nolan, is the gateway to the newly transformed Mount Laurel Campus. It features a one-stop shop for student services from enrollment to academic planning, a knowledge commons library, bookstore, dining area and student life.
- Rowan College at Burlington County transforms lives by delivering innovative, high-quality and affordable educational experiences in an accessible and diverse environment.
The teacher population of 261 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rowan College at Burlington County||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||261 staff||234 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rowan College at Burlington County is New Jersey`s top-ranked community college and one of the fastest growing in the region. In 2017, we became the first community college in the eastern United States to offer junior-year courses in a historic 3+1 partnership with Rowan University that allows students to earn a four-year degree for less than what most universities charge for a single year. This coincided with the opening of the college`s transformed Mount Laurel Campus including a new Student Success Center, Health Sciences Center and quad as the college transitioned out of Pemberton its home for half a century.
- These innovations helped spur the college`s first enrollment increase in five years as college enrollment continues to decline throughout the country. The college also operates campuses in Mount Holly (fine and culinary arts), Willingboro (adult learners) and the Joint Base (military members, their families and civilians who live or work near or on the base).
- Through the Workforce Development Institute, the college forms partnerships with the region`s leading employers such as Virtua, Wawa and Lockheed Martin to ensure our programs align with the needs of employers.
- Founded as Burlington County College, the institution renamed itself in 2015 in recognition of its partnership with Rowan University. The college opened its doors to 1,051 students in 1969 at Lenape High School before opening the Pemberton Campus in 1971. The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools first accredited the college in 1972.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Rowan College at Burlington County is Lincoln Technical Institute-Philadelphia (7.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 360 students | 7.90 Mi9191 Torresdale Ave
Philadelphia,  PA  19136
(215) 335-0800 7.90360
- 500 students | 10.20 Mi3815 Otter St
Bristol,  PA  19007
(215) 785-0111 10.20500
- 332 students | 10.60 Mi2770 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia,  PA  19114
(215) 728-4700 10.60332
- 310 students | 11.50 Mi2180 Hornig Rd
Philadelphia,  PA  19116
(215) 969-0869 11.50310
- 79 students | 13.10 Mi1500 Spring Garden Street, Suite 101
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
(215) 574-9600 13.1079
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.