Rowan College at Burlington County
Rowan College at Burlington County Photo #2 - The new quad gives students a campus feel that exceeds those at traditional four-year universities. The space is large enough to hold events such as graduation, concerts or movies. The walking paths make getting from one side of campus easier. There are plenty of trees to give students shade while eating or studying outside.
- Rowan College at Burlington County transforms lives by delivering innovative, high-quality and affordable educational experiences in an accessible and diverse environment.
- The teacher population of 261 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rowan College at Burlington County||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||261 staff||234 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,586 students||7,040 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,178 students||3,412 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,408 students||3,628 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,500||$36,100|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rowan College at Burlington County is New Jersey`s top-ranked community college and one of the fastest growing in the region. In 2017, we became the first community college in the eastern United States to offer junior-year courses in a historic 3+1 partnership with Rowan University that allows students to earn a four-year degree for less than what most universities charge for a single year. This coincided with the opening of the college`s transformed Mount Laurel Campus including a new Student Success Center, Health Sciences Center and quad as the college transitioned out of Pemberton its home for half a century.
- These innovations helped spur the college`s first enrollment increase in five years as college enrollment continues to decline throughout the country. The college also operates campuses in Mount Holly (fine and culinary arts), Willingboro (adult learners) and the Joint Base (military members, their families and civilians who live or work near or on the base).
- Through the Workforce Development Institute, the college forms partnerships with the region`s leading employers such as Virtua, Wawa and Lockheed Martin to ensure our programs align with the needs of employers.
- Founded as Burlington County College, the institution renamed itself in 2015 in recognition of its partnership with Rowan University. The college opened its doors to 1,051 students in 1969 at Lenape High School before opening the Pemberton Campus in 1971. The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools first accredited the college in 1972.
- The nearest community college to Rowan College at Burlington County is Pennco Tech-Bristol (15.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 500 students | 15.20 Mi3815 Otter St
Bristol,  PA  19007
- 640 students | 19.20 Mi177 Franklin Mills Blvd.
Philadelphia,  PA  19154
- 7,839 students | 19.70 Mi1200 Old Trenton Rd
Princeton Junction,  NJ  08550
- 360 students | 19.90 Mi9191 Torresdale Ave
Philadelphia,  PA  19136
- 310 students | 21.30 Mi2180 Hornig Rd
Philadelphia,  PA  19116
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.