Lincoln Technical Institute-Philadelphia
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (215) 335-0800
- Widely known and respected as Lincoln Technical Institute since its founding in 1946 as a post-war job skill training source, Lincoln Tech has consistently responded to employer needs and the changing times. By always looking for ways to grow and keeping up with technology, we have achieved a strong mix of programs that provide a wide variety of in-demand career training opportunities.
Lincoln Technical Institute-Philadelphia ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Philadelphia||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Technical Professions||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||36 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||2||8|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,427||$12,495|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lincoln Tech offers short-term, career-focused programs that span many different subject areas. The college has campuses located in Philadelphia and Allentown, PA, Columbia, MD, Grand Prairie, TX, Indianapolis, IN, Melrose Park, IL, or Mahwah and Union, NJ. At Lincoln Tech's Philadelphia Campus the focus is to better prepare and train our students to be qualified and knowledgeable automotive technicians. To achieve this, we offer hands-on training from industry experienced instructors. Lincoln Technical Institute has been in Philadelphia area since 1962. Our programs have gained industry recognition for turning out well-trained, job-ready individuals. Our location in Philadelphia also allows our students to take advantage of a wide variety of internships and post graduation opportunities in high-end dealerships. In addition, we offer two Associate Degree programs in Service Management for those looking to take their training to the next level. With morning, afternoon and evening classes, and convenient public transportation options, there are several ways to put together a schedule that fits your needs. Lincoln Tech career training programs currently offered at the Philadelphia Campus: Automotive Technology and Automotive Service Management. Our Automotive Division offers hands-on training programs in Automotive and Diesel Technology. Our Skilled Trades Division offers a variety of programs including HVAC, Drafting and CAD, and Electronic Systems Technician (EST). Our Information Technology (IT) Division includes training in PC Support, Networking, and Web Programming. Our Allied Health Division offers Healthcare training programs for a Medical Assistant or Medical Administrative Assistant. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
The nearest community college to Lincoln Technical Institute-Philadelphia is Orleans Technical College (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 284 students | 2.90 Mi2770 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia, PA 19114
(215) 728-4700 2.90284
- 310 students | 4.20 Mi2180 Hornig Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19116
(215) 969-0869 4.20310
- 747 students | 6.00 Mi700 Fox Chase Rd
Jenkintown, PA 19046
(215) 885-2360 6.00747
- 368 students | 7.70 Mi3815 Otter St
Bristol, PA 19007
(215) 785-0111 7.70368
- 8,891 students | 7.90 Mi900 College Circle
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
(856) 222-9311 7.908,891
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.