Lincoln Technical Institute-Philadelphia
- Widely known and respected as Lincoln Technical Institute since its founding in 1946 as a post-war job skill training source, Lincoln Tech has consistently responded to employer needs and the changing times. By always looking for ways to grow and keeping up with technology, we have achieved a strong mix of programs that provide a wide variety of in-demand career training opportunities.
Lincoln Technical Institute-Philadelphia places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Philadelphia||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||3||8|
|Total Enrollment||360 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||290 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||70 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$43,400||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$12,979||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lincoln Tech offers short-term, career-focused programs that span many different subject areas. The college has campuses located in Philadelphia and Allentown, PA, Columbia, MD, Grand Prairie, TX, Indianapolis, IN, Melrose Park, IL, or Mahwah and Union, NJ. At Lincoln Tech's Philadelphia Campus the focus is to better prepare and train our students to be qualified and knowledgeable automotive technicians. To achieve this, we offer hands-on training from industry experienced instructors. Lincoln Technical Institute has been in Philadelphia area since 1962. Our programs have gained industry recognition for turning out well-trained, job-ready individuals. Our location in Philadelphia also allows our students to take advantage of a wide variety of internships and post graduation opportunities in high-end dealerships. In addition, we offer two Associate Degree programs in Service Management for those looking to take their training to the next level. With morning, afternoon and evening classes, and convenient public transportation options, there are several ways to put together a schedule that fits your needs. Lincoln Tech career training programs currently offered at the Philadelphia Campus: Automotive Technology and Automotive Service Management. Our Automotive Division offers hands-on training programs in Automotive and Diesel Technology. Our Skilled Trades Division offers a variety of programs including HVAC, Drafting and CAD, and Electronic Systems Technician (EST). Our Information Technology (IT) Division includes training in PC Support, Networking, and Web Programming. Our Allied Health Division offers Healthcare training programs for a Medical Assistant or Medical Administrative Assistant. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Lincoln Technical Institute-Philadelphia is Orleans Technical Institute (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 332 students | 2.90 Mi2770 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia,  PA  19114
- 310 students | 4.20 Mi2180 Hornig Rd
Philadelphia,  PA  19116
- 858 students | 6.00 Mi700 Fox Chase Rd
Jenkintown,  PA  19046
- 500 students | 7.60 Mi3815 Otter St
Bristol,  PA  19007
- 84 students | 8.00 Mi1761 Bustleton Pike
Feasterville Trevose,  PA  19053
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.