- Since 1973 Pennco Tech has been helping people achieve their goals. Pennco Tech has a long history of being the stepping stone people use to turn their dreams into reality. Pennco Tech's career training schools in New Jersey and Pennsylvania employ instructors who know what it takes to achieve career goals; through hands-on and classroom training you will receive the necessary building blocks to succeed. Take a look at our programs and choose the right one that helps you achieve your dreams. Pennco Tech can help you bridge the gap between dreams and reality. We are a technical school with locations in Blackwood, New Jersey and Bristol, Pennsylvania and we work with you to formulate a solid plan, and then give you the training and employer connections you need to accomplish that plan.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 53% over five years.
|Pennco Tech-Bristol||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||14||8|
|Total Enrollment||500 students||571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||345 students||354 students|
|# Part-Time Students||155 students||217 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||16||300|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.54||0.57|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||73%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$13,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$6,246|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- 1961, the School of Electronics was founded in Philadelphia by the Philco Corporation. In 1966 the Ford Motor Company, through its subsidiary, Philco-Ford, established the School of Automotive Technology, also in Philadelphia. In 1973, these two schools were acquired by Pennco Insitutes, Inc., a Pennsylvania corporation. 1975, the School of Electronics and the School of Automotive Technology moved to Bristol, Pennsylvania, and consolidated as Pennco Tech. In 1978, a School of Automotive Body Repair was established in Bristol and an additional Pennco Tech facility was opened in Pennsauken, New Jersey, consisting of a School of Automotive Technology and a School of Automotive Body Repair. The college offers programs in A+/Network+ Technology, AirConditioning/Refrigeration/Heating, Automotive Technology, Auto Body Technology, Diesel Automotive Technology, Drafting/CAD, Electrician, Marine Technology, Medical Assistant-Administrative and Pharmacy Assistant. Pennco Tech can help you get the spark you need. Our programs are designed to be completed in a short amount of time allowing our graduates to enter their career field sooner while at the same time increasing their experience. Hands on instruction allows the graduate the ability to take what they've learned in the classroom and shops today and apply it on the job tomorrow. Pennco Tech is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 640 students | 5.00 Mi177 Franklin Mills Blvd.
Philadelphia,  PA  19154
- 310 students | 6.70 Mi2180 Hornig Rd
Philadelphia,  PA  19116
- 332 students | 7.40 Mi2770 Red Lion Road
Philadelphia,  PA  19114
- 360 students | 7.60 Mi9191 Torresdale Ave
Philadelphia,  PA  19136
- 84 students | 8.60 Mi1761 Bustleton Pike
Feasterville Trevose,  PA  19053
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.