Danville Community College
- Danville Community College is committed to providing quality comprehensive higher education and workforce programs and services to promote student success and to enhance business and community development.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Danville Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,982 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,407 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,575 students||860 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,600||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Danville Community College offers a comprehensive number of high quality programs for virtually every student who has the ability to benefit. You may select either programs of study for transfer to a four-year college or university or a full range of occupational-technical degree, diploma, or certificate programs that lead directly to employment upon graduation from DCC. In addition, many students pursue specialized training through the College's premiere workforce services programs. Danville Community College, founded in 1966, is one of 23 public community colleges in the Virginia Community College System, and is governed by the State Board for Community Colleges. The College serves the City of Danville and the Counties of Pittsylvania and Halifax (total population 147,511). DCC is a two-year comprehensive community college offering certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in more than 40 programs of study. The 86-acre campus is located approximately two miles from downtown Danville on South Main Street. Danville Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to Danville Community College is Rockingham Community College (23.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,597 students | 23.80 MiHwy 65w County Home Rd
Wentworth,  NC  27375
- 1,475 students | 25.40 Mi1715 College Dr
Roxboro,  NC  27573
- 2,900 students | 28.40 Mi645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville,  VA  24112
- 4,437 students | 34.80 Mi1247 Jimmie Kerr Road
Graham,  NC  27253
- 1,273 students | 43.50 Mi21 Campus Circle
Murphy,  NC  28906
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.