Danville Community College
- Danville Community College is committed to providing quality comprehensive higher education and workforce programs and services to promote student success and to enhance business and community development.
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Danville Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,982 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,407 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,575 students||860 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,600||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Danville Community College offers a comprehensive number of high quality programs for virtually every student who has the ability to benefit. You may select either programs of study for transfer to a four-year college or university or a full range of occupational-technical degree, diploma, or certificate programs that lead directly to employment upon graduation from DCC. In addition, many students pursue specialized training through the College's premiere workforce services programs. Danville Community College, founded in 1966, is one of 23 public community colleges in the Virginia Community College System, and is governed by the State Board for Community Colleges. The College serves the City of Danville and the Counties of Pittsylvania and Halifax (total population 147,511). DCC is a two-year comprehensive community college offering certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in more than 40 programs of study. The 86-acre campus is located approximately two miles from downtown Danville on South Main Street. Danville Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to Danville Community College is Rockingham Community College (23.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,597 students | 23.80 MiHwy 65w County Home Rd
Wentworth,  NC  27375
- 1,475 students | 25.40 Mi1715 College Dr
Roxboro,  NC  27573
- 2,900 students | 28.40 Mi645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville,  VA  24112
- 4,437 students | 34.80 Mi1247 Jimmie Kerr Road
Graham,  NC  27253
- 1,273 students | 43.50 Mi21 Campus Circle
Murphy,  NC  28906
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.