Piedmont Technical College
- Piedmont Technical College, a member of the South Carolina Technical and Comprehensive Education system, is a public comprehensive two-year post-secondary institution. Piedmont contributes to the economic growth and development of the largest and most diverse region of the technical college system, Abbeville, Edgefield, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Newberry, and Saluda counties and to the state. The college responds to the academic, training, and public service needs of the community through excellence in teaching and educational services.
- The teacher population of 190 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Piedmont Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||190 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,694 students||1,260 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,134 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,560 students||534 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,500||$28,900|
- In 1966, the eighth Technical Education Center, Piedmont, was established to serve Abbeville, Edgefield, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Newberry, Saluda and surrounding counties. Classes met for the first time at Piedmont on September 6, 1966, with some 300 students enrolled in day and evening classes. On October 2, 1972, five new buildings representing the first phase of a 30-year master development plan were occupied. These facilities housed classrooms, laboratories, a learning resources center and faculty offices. A general renovation of the main campus center included a student lounge and recreation complex. On April 10, 1974, the institution's name was changed from Piedmont Technical Education Center to Piedmont Technical College to more accurately reflect our post-secondary educational mission. The 1981-82 year saw six new additions to the Piedmont campus: a health sciences facility, conference center, continuing education complex, student center, multi-purpose building and automotive technology facility. In 1986, a 10,000-square-foot addition to the Conference Center made it one of the finest facilities of its type in the state. Piedmont's main Campus, the Lex Walters Campus borders a primary industrial corridor on the outskirts of Greenwood, South Carolina. The modern campus is a large complex that integrates the latest in instructional technology while also offering an environment that is totally conducive to learning. Campus highlights includes the James C. Self Conference Center, Marion P. Carnell library, the Solutia Gallery, PTC Campus Shop, Student Center & Canteen. Other features includes labs for medical, technology and business programs, industrial shops, a well-equipped media center, faculty and administrative offices. The college offers Associate degrees in vocational, technical, and occupational areas and university transfer; vocational, technical and occupational diplomas and certificates; developmental education programs and courses preparing individuals to take the General Education Development Test, custom-designed Continuing Education training programs for business, industry, and facilities for the Special Schools program to train potential employees for new and expanding manufacturing companies; and Student Development programs which provide academic, career and individual support. Piedmont Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate's degree and holds membership in the American Association of Community and Junior Colleges and in the American Technical Education Association.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 111 students | 36.10 Mi601 E River Street
Anderson,  SC  29624
- 453 students | 43.40 Mi78 Global Dr Ste 200
Greenville,  SC  29607
- 12,592 students | 45.10 Mi738 S Pleasantburg Dr
Greenville,  SC  29607
- 679 students | 45.10 Mi309 East Academy St
Union,  SC  29379
- 708 students | 47.20 MiTwo Liberty Square, 75 Beattie Place Ste 100
Greenville,  SC  29601