- The mission of Forrest Junior College is to provide an environment that inspires students to more fully develop the confidence to reach their personal and professional goals. The college strives to attain its mission by providing appropriate educational experiences that stress personal and academic goal attainment and emphasize the importance of learning as a life-long process through both individual and group work.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 500% over five years.
|Forrest College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||111 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||83 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||28 students||534 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,300||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Forrest Junior College was founded in January 1946 by Mr. R.C. Carr. and was known at that time as the Carolina School of Commerce. The College was located on East Benson Street. Mr. Charles M. Forrest purchased the school in 1951 and, in 1954 the College moved to 500 North McDuffie Street. In 1963, a new facility was constructed and opened at its present location at 601 E River Street. The new facility became known as Forrest College. In April 1985, John Re, Ph.D., and Charles Palmer, Jr., M.Ed., purchased Forrest College, and in March 1989, changed its name to Forrest Junior College. Forrest Junior College is located at 601 E. River Street in Anderson, SC. The institution offers an associate degree program with nine areas of specialization, as well as a number of diploma programs. The College is different from traditional junior colleges in a number of ways. Our classes are small. Consequently, our students receive more individualized instruction and attention. Age is not relevant at FJC, with students ranging from the teens through the seventies. The College offers Associate Degree in Accounting, Computer Information Services, Early Childhood Development, Legal Assisting/Paralegal Studies, Legal Office Administration and Medical Office Administration. Diploma Programs offered by the College includes Administrative Office Assistant, Bookkeeper, Managed Care Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Laboratory Assistant and Medical Office Assistant. Forrest Junior College is accredited as a junior college by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), a national professional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education. In addition, the College has program accreditation for its Medical Assisting Program by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,386 students | 13.20 Mi7900 U.S. Hwy 76
Pendleton,  SC  29670
- 12,592 students | 27.40 Mi738 S Pleasantburg Dr
Greenville,  SC  29607
- 453 students | 27.40 Mi78 Global Dr Ste 200
Greenville,  SC  29607
- 708 students | 28.20 MiTwo Liberty Square, 75 Beattie Place Ste 100
Greenville,  SC  29601
- 5,694 students | 36.10 Mi620 North Emerald Road
Greenwood,  SC  29646
Learn about new sustainability programs designed to educate students on green industries and how students can use those studies to build successful, “green” careers.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.