Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (864) 225-7653
- The mission of Forrest Junior College is to provide an environment that inspires students to more fully develop the confidence to reach their personal and professional goals. The college strives to attain its mission by providing appropriate educational experiences that stress personal and academic goal attainment and emphasize the importance of learning as a life-long process through both individual and group work.
The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Forrest College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||60 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Forrest Junior College was founded in January 1946 by Mr. R.C. Carr. and was known at that time as the Carolina School of Commerce. The College was located on East Benson Street. Mr. Charles M. Forrest purchased the school in 1951 and, in 1954 the College moved to 500 North McDuffie Street. In 1963, a new facility was constructed and opened at its present location at 601 E River Street. The new facility became known as Forrest College. In April 1985, John Re, Ph.D., and Charles Palmer, Jr., M.Ed., purchased Forrest College, and in March 1989, changed its name to Forrest Junior College. Forrest Junior College is located at 601 E. River Street in Anderson, SC. The institution offers an associate degree program with nine areas of specialization, as well as a number of diploma programs. The College is different from traditional junior colleges in a number of ways. Our classes are small. Consequently, our students receive more individualized instruction and attention. Age is not relevant at FJC, with students ranging from the teens through the seventies. The College offers Associate Degree in Accounting, Computer Information Services, Early Childhood Development, Legal Assisting/Paralegal Studies, Legal Office Administration and Medical Office Administration. Diploma Programs offered by the College includes Administrative Office Assistant, Bookkeeper, Managed Care Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Laboratory Assistant and Medical Office Assistant. Forrest Junior College is accredited as a junior college by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), a national professional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education. In addition, the College has program accreditation for its Medical Assisting Program by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,082 students | 12.90 Mi7900 U.S. Hwy 76
Pendleton, SC 29670
(864) 646-8282 12.906,082
- 10,864 students | 27.00 Mi506 S Pleasantburg Dr
Greenville, SC 29606
(864) 250-8000 27.0010,864
- 708 students | 27.70 MiTwo Liberty Square, 75 Beattie Place Ste 100
Greenville, SC 29601
(864) 239-5300 27.70708
- 4,491 students | 36.00 Mi620 North Emerald Road
Greenwood, SC 29646
(864) 941-8324 36.004,491
- 702 students | 47.00 MiOne Brevard College Drive
Brevard, NC 28712
(828) 884-8332 47.00702
Are you paying too much for community college textbooks? Learn about how you can save money on your textbooks, ranging from tips on how to find the best used deals to even renting your textbooks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.