Tel: (864) 225-7653
- The mission of Forrest Junior College is to provide an environment that inspires students to more fully develop the confidence to reach their personal and professional goals. The college strives to attain its mission by providing appropriate educational experiences that stress personal and academic goal attainment and emphasize the importance of learning as a life-long process through both individual and group work.
The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Forrest College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||55 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Forrest Junior College was founded in January 1946 by Mr. R.C. Carr. and was known at that time as the Carolina School of Commerce. The College was located on East Benson Street. Mr. Charles M. Forrest purchased the school in 1951 and, in 1954 the College moved to 500 North McDuffie Street. In 1963, a new facility was constructed and opened at its present location at 601 E River Street. The new facility became known as Forrest College. In April 1985, John Re, Ph.D., and Charles Palmer, Jr., M.Ed., purchased Forrest College, and in March 1989, changed its name to Forrest Junior College. Forrest Junior College is located at 601 E. River Street in Anderson, SC. The institution offers an associate degree program with nine areas of specialization, as well as a number of diploma programs. The College is different from traditional junior colleges in a number of ways. Our classes are small. Consequently, our students receive more individualized instruction and attention. Age is not relevant at FJC, with students ranging from the teens through the seventies. The College offers Associate Degree in Accounting, Computer Information Services, Early Childhood Development, Legal Assisting/Paralegal Studies, Legal Office Administration and Medical Office Administration. Diploma Programs offered by the College includes Administrative Office Assistant, Bookkeeper, Managed Care Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Laboratory Assistant and Medical Office Assistant. Forrest Junior College is accredited as a junior college by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), a national professional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education. In addition, the College has program accreditation for its Medical Assisting Program by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,386 students | 12.90 Mi7900 U.S. Hwy 76
Pendleton,  SC  29670
(864) 646-1500 12.906,386
- 12,592 students | 27.00 Mi738 S Pleasantburg Dr
Greenville,  SC  29607
(864) 250-8000 27.0012,592
- 708 students | 27.70 MiTwo Liberty Square, 75 Beattie Place Ste 100
Greenville,  SC  29601
(864) 239-5300 27.70708
- 5,694 students | 36.00 Mi620 North Emerald Road
Greenwood,  SC  29646
(864) 941-8324 36.005,694
- 793 students | 48.60 Mi1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg,  SC  29301
(864) 587-4000 48.60793
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!