Greenville Technical College
- Greenville Tech is one of the largest public, two-year colleges in South Carolina, with superior course offerings, state-of-the-art facilities and instructors who understand today's industries and tomorrow's job markets.
Greenville Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 480 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Greenville Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||480 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||12,592 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,873 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,719 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in one of the fastest growing regions of the south, Tech is ideally situated to offer a variety of excellent training and placement opportunities to students. Surrounded by world-class manufacturing and business centers, both national and international, Greenville is home to BMW, Michelin and others. Greenville Tech students benefit from a wide range of internships, mentor programs and partnerships with area corporations and businesses. Greenville Tech offers associate degree programs in arts and sciences, business and public service, health and nursing, and the technologies. Many provide seamless transfer opportunities to bachelor's degree programs at four-year colleges and universities. Diploma programs are also available in every division, providing the skills you need without a long-term commitment. Many diplomas and certificates can be used as building blocks for an associate degree. Greenville Tech offer classes in 150 programs on four campuses, and you can choose days, evenings, and weekends along with classes you take online and on television. Our campuses are located at Barton, Brashier, Greer and Northwest.
- The nearest community college to Greenville Technical College is Brown Mackie College-Greenville (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 708 students | 2.10 MiTwo Liberty Square, 75 Beattie Place Ste 100
Greenville,  SC  29601
- 453 students | 2.10 Mi78 Global Dr Ste 200
Greenville,  SC  29607
- 5,495 students | 24.00 Mi107 Community College Drive
Spartanburg,  SC  29303
- 793 students | 24.50 Mi1000 Powell Mill Road
Spartanburg,  SC  29301
- 6,386 students | 27.10 Mi7900 U.S. Hwy 76
Pendleton,  SC  29670
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.