- Greenville Tech is one of the largest public, two-year colleges in South Carolina, with superior course offerings, state-of-the-art facilities and instructors who understand today's industries and tomorrow's job markets.
Greenville Technical College serves 10,536 students (42% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is same as the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 38%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 10,536 students
- In-state tuition: $4,442
- Out-state tuition: $8,438
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 34%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Greenville Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Carolina for:
The teacher population of 890 teachers has grown by 85% over five years.
Greenville Technical College
(SC) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Greenville Technical College has declined by 10% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Greenville Technical College diversity score of 0.53 is less than the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has declined by 9% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,442 is less than the state average of $5,692. The in-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,438 is less than the state average of $10,568. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Located in one of the fastest growing regions of the south, Tech is ideally situated to offer a variety of excellent training and placement opportunities to students. Surrounded by world-class manufacturing and business centers, both national and international, Greenville is home to BMW, Michelin and others. Greenville Tech students benefit from a wide range of internships, mentor programs and partnerships with area corporations and businesses. Greenville Tech offers associate degree programs in arts and sciences, business and public service, health and nursing, and the technologies. Many provide seamless transfer opportunities to bachelor's degree programs at four-year colleges and universities. Diploma programs are also available in every division, providing the skills you need without a long-term commitment. Many diplomas and certificates can be used as building blocks for an associate degree. Greenville Tech offer classes in 150 programs on four campuses, and you can choose days, evenings, and weekends along with classes you take online and on television. Our campuses are located at Barton, Brashier, Greer and Northwest.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Greenville Technical College cost?
Greenville Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,442 for In-State students and $8,438 for Out-State students.
What is Greenville Technical College's ranking?
Greenville Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in South Carolina for: Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.