Georgia Military College-Augusta Campus
- Georgia Military College was established in 1879 by act of the Georgia General Assembly "-to educate young men and women from the Middle Georgia area in an environment which fosters the qualities of good citizenship." Georgia Military College is a public-independent educational institution, comprised of a junior college and a separate preparatory school (grades 6-12), whose mission and purpose is to produce educated citizens by providing junior college students with a liberal arts based two-year undergraduate curriculum, by providing selected college students with ROTC training, and by providing preparatory school students an inclusive college preparatory curriculum that includes a military training component--all in an environment conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of its students.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has grown by 13% over five years.
|Georgia Military College-Augusta Campus||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,000||$30,600|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,187||$9,187|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,500||$3,667|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Georgia Military College-Augusta Campus is Augusta Technical College (6.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,269 students | 6.70 Mi3200 Augusta Tech Drive
Augusta,  GA  30906
- 2,351 students | 14.30 Mi2276 Jefferson Davis Highway
Graniteville,  SC  29829
- 5,694 students | 48.40 Mi620 North Emerald Road
Greenwood,  SC  29646
- 1,659 students | 55.90 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville,  GA  31082
- 1,076 students | 56.80 Mi465 James Brandt Blvd
Allendale,  SC  29810
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.