Georgia Military College-Augusta Campus
- Georgia Military College was established in 1879 by act of the Georgia General Assembly "-to educate young men and women from the Middle Georgia area in an environment which fosters the qualities of good citizenship." Georgia Military College is a public-independent educational institution, comprised of a junior college and a separate preparatory school (grades 6-12), whose mission and purpose is to produce educated citizens by providing junior college students with a liberal arts based two-year undergraduate curriculum, by providing selected college students with ROTC training, and by providing preparatory school students an inclusive college preparatory curriculum that includes a military training component--all in an environment conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of its students.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has grown by 13% over five years.
|Georgia Military College-Augusta Campus||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,000||$30,600|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,187||$9,187|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,500||$3,667|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Georgia Military College-Augusta Campus is Augusta Technical College (6.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,269 students | 6.70 Mi3200 Augusta Tech Drive
Augusta,  GA  30906
(706) 771-4000 6.704,269
- 2,351 students | 14.20 Mi2276 Jefferson Davis Highway
Graniteville,  SC  29829
(803) 508-7263 14.202,351
- 5,694 students | 48.30 Mi620 North Emerald Road
Greenwood,  SC  29646
(864) 941-8324 48.305,694
- 1,659 students | 56.10 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville,  GA  31082
(478) 553-2050 56.101,659
- 1,076 students | 56.80 Mi465 James Brandt Blvd
Allendale,  SC  29810
(800) 922-5500 56.801,076
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.