Blue Cliff College-Metairie
- Blue Cliff College is committed to using its human and physical resources to provide services facilitating personal growth, professional development and a sense of responsibility to our students. The primary purpose of Blue Cliff College is to help students develop a high level of competency, which is accomplished through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in academic programs. The most compelling purpose of the college is to prepare the students to function proficiently in a competitive society in the career of their choice and to create within them an awareness of professional and social responsibilities, along with an appreciation of principles of ethical conduct.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Metairie||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||42 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||5||5|
|Total Enrollment||892 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||556 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||336 students||1,111 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,500||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||83%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,349||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Metairie is Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 2.20 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
- 361 students | 4.10 Mi2500 Williams Boulevard
Kenner,  LA  70062
- 381 students | 4.10 Mi2500 Williams Blvd
Kenner,  LA  70062
- 18,684 students | 4.30 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- n/a students | 8.30 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.