Blue Cliff College-Metairie
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
- Blue Cliff College is committed to using its human and physical resources to provide services facilitating personal growth, professional development and a sense of responsibility to our students. The primary purpose of Blue Cliff College is to help students develop a high level of competency, which is accomplished through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in academic programs. The most compelling purpose of the college is to prepare the students to function proficiently in a competitive society in the career of their choice and to create within them an awareness of professional and social responsibilities, along with an appreciation of principles of ethical conduct.
The teacher population of 73 teachers has grown by 128% over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Metairie||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||73 staff||37 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||6|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||94%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$10,289||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,548||$5,500|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Metairie is Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 2.20 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie, LA 70001
(504) 671-6700 2.20289
- 361 students | 4.10 Mi2500 Williams Boulevard
Kenner, LA 70062
(504) 733-0074 4.10361
- 452 students | 4.10 Mi2500 Williams Blvd
Kenner, LA 70062
(504) 733-0074 4.10452
- 14,140 students | 4.30 Mi615 City Park Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119
(504) 671-5000 4.3014,140
- n/a students | 8.30 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans, LA 70126
(504) 736-7072 8.30n/a
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.