Blue Cliff College-Metairie
Tel: (504) 456-3141
- Blue Cliff College is committed to using its human and physical resources to provide services facilitating personal growth, professional development and a sense of responsibility to our students. The primary purpose of Blue Cliff College is to help students develop a high level of competency, which is accomplished through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in academic programs. The most compelling purpose of the college is to prepare the students to function proficiently in a competitive society in the career of their choice and to create within them an awareness of professional and social responsibilities, along with an appreciation of principles of ethical conduct.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Metairie||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||42 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||5||5|
|Total Enrollment||892 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||556 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||336 students||1,111 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,500||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||83%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,349||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Metairie is Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 2.20 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
(504) 671-6700 2.20289
- 361 students | 4.10 Mi2500 Williams Boulevard
Kenner,  LA  70062
(504) 733-0074 4.10361
- 381 students | 4.10 Mi2500 Williams Blvd
Kenner,  LA  70062
(504) 733-0074 4.10381
- 18,684 students | 4.30 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
(504) 671-5000 4.3018,684
- n/a students | 8.30 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
(504) 736-7072 8.30n/a
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.