Delgado Community College
- Enrollment: 13,251 students
- In-state tuition: $3,302
- Out-state tuition: $6,993
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 62%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Delgado Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1921, Delgado is Louisiana's oldest and largest community college and serves students throughout a five parish region. Now more than ever Delgado plays an important role by providing skilled workers who will assist greatly in the recovery of our region. Our graduates are quickly hired into great jobs in health care, business, hospitality, culinary, early childhood education, funeral service, and others. From its original location on City Park Avenue, in the heart of New Orleans, the Delgado Community College has expanded to numerous sites, including the West Bank Campus, the Northshore, Slidell, and the historic Charity School of Nursing. You can get on the fast track for a good paying job in a little as two years with an associate degree or certificate from one of Delgado's more than 70 different programs of study in technology, health sciences, business, arts and humanities, sciences and math. The City Park Campus is centrally located on City Park Avenue and serves the urban area of the city of New Orleans. This campus is the original site of Delgado Community College and remains the largest campus with more than 60 academic programs. Prior to Hurricane Katrina (August 29, 2005) the City Park Campus served approximately 10,000 students. Flooding and wind from the hurricane damaged approximately 70% of the facilities on the campus. Lack of facilities, displaced faculty, staff and students, as well as the devastation suffered throughout the greater New Orleans community forced the college to suspend the fall 2005 semester at this and all other locations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Delgado Community College cost?
Delgado Community College's tuition is approximately $3,302 for In-State students and $6,993 for Out-State students.
What sports does Delgado Community College offer?
Delgado Community College offers 2 interscholastic sports: Baseball and Basketball.
What is Delgado Community College's ranking?
Delgado Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Louisiana for: Diversity in US community colleges, Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).