Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus serves 289 students (38% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 55%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 289 students
- In-state tuition: $2,955
- Out-state tuition: $6,433
- Student:teacher ratio: 22:1
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus
(LA) Community College Avg.
Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 years but < 4 years
The student population of Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus diversity score of 1.00 is more than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2010)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years) (Year 2010)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,955 is less than the state average of $2,971. The in-state tuition has grown by 222% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,433 is more than the state average of $6,101. The out-state tuition has grown by 338% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus cost?
Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus's tuition is approximately $2,955 for In-State students and $6,433 for Out-State students.
What schools are Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus often compared to?
Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campusis often viewed alongside schools like Herzing University New Orleans by visitors of our site.
What is Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus's ranking?
Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus ranks among the top 20% of community college in Louisiana for: Average community college minority breakdown.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.