Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||289 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||111 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||178 students||1,111 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus is Blue Cliff College-Metairie (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 892 students | 2.20 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 361 students | 3.60 Mi2500 Williams Boulevard
Kenner,  LA  70062
- 381 students | 3.60 Mi2500 Williams Blvd
Kenner,  LA  70062
- 18,684 students | 5.10 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- n/a students | 9.40 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.