Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||26 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus is Blue Cliff College-Metairie (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 892 students | 2.20 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
(504) 456-3141 2.20892
- 452 students | 3.60 Mi3900 North Causeway Blvd Suite 800
Metairie,  LA  70002
(504) 613-4295 3.60452
- 381 students | 3.60 Mi2500 Williams Blvd
Kenner,  LA  70062
(504) 733-0074 3.60381
- 18,684 students | 5.20 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
(504) 671-5000 5.2018,684
- 120 students | 9.40 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
(504) 366-5409 9.40120
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!