Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||289 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||111 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||178 students||1,111 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus is Blue Cliff College-Metairie (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 892 students | 2.20 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 361 students | 3.60 Mi2500 Williams Boulevard
Kenner,  LA  70062
- 381 students | 3.60 Mi2500 Williams Blvd
Kenner,  LA  70062
- 18,684 students | 5.10 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- n/a students | 9.40 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.