Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||289 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||111 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||178 students||1,111 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus is Blue Cliff College-Metairie (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 892 students | 2.20 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 361 students | 3.60 Mi2500 Williams Boulevard
Kenner,  LA  70062
- 381 students | 3.60 Mi2500 Williams Blvd
Kenner,  LA  70062
- 18,684 students | 5.20 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- 120 students | 9.40 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.