Gretna College School of Allied Health
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (504) 366-5409
- Our mission at Gretna Career College (GCC) is to provide competency-based occupational education that meets industry standards and employers’ needs by equipping our students with the skills necessary to compete in the today’s workforce. Our primary objective is to ensure a positive learning experience, promote self esteem, and develop the maximum potential of each student by providing quality training in a professional work environment. GCC provides both diploma programs and Associates of Occupational Studies programs in health, business and auto repair tracks. GCC believes that professionalism is as an important aspect of training as acquiring technical skills. Students must adhere to attendance and conduct regulations as well as maintain satisfactory academic progress in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical and/or clerical settings. Training in professionalism develops a positive attitude, personal motivation, self reliance, work maturity, and career pride. GCC seeks to graduate every student who enrolls in training.
The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 37% over five years.
|Gretna College School of Allied Health||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||26 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,994|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Gretna College School of Allied Health is Louisiana Technical College-Sidney N Collier Campus (4.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 4.90 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans, LA 70126
(504) 736-7072 4.90n/a
- 2,371 students | 5.40 Mi3710 Paris Rd
Chalmette, LA 70043
(504) 278-6200 5.402,371
- 14,258 students | 5.60 Mi615 City Park Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119
(504) 671-5000 5.6014,258
- 289 students | 9.40 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie, LA 70001
(504) 671-6700 9.40289
- 361 students | 13.00 Mi2500 Williams Boulevard
Kenner, LA 70062
(504) 733-0074 13.00361
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.