Gretna College School of Allied Health
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (504) 366-5409
- Our mission at Gretna Career College (GCC) is to provide competency-based occupational education that meets industry standards and employers’ needs by equipping our students with the skills necessary to compete in the today’s workforce. Our primary objective is to ensure a positive learning experience, promote self esteem, and develop the maximum potential of each student by providing quality training in a professional work environment. GCC provides both diploma programs and Associates of Occupational Studies programs in health, business and auto repair tracks. GCC believes that professionalism is as an important aspect of training as acquiring technical skills. Students must adhere to attendance and conduct regulations as well as maintain satisfactory academic progress in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical and/or clerical settings. Training in professionalism develops a positive attitude, personal motivation, self reliance, work maturity, and career pride. GCC seeks to graduate every student who enrolls in training.
|Gretna College School of Allied Health||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||- staff||22 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,994|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Gretna College School of Allied Health is Louisiana Technical College-Sidney N Collier Campus (4.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 4.90 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
(504) 736-7072 4.90n/a
- 2,371 students | 5.40 Mi3710 Paris Rd
Chalmette,  LA  70043
(504) 278-6200 5.402,371
- 14,258 students | 5.60 Mi615 City Park Avenue
New Orleans,  LA  70119
(504) 671-5000 5.6014,258
- 289 students | 9.40 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
(504) 671-6700 9.40289
- 861 students | 9.50 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
(504) 456-00000000 9.50861
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.