Gretna College School of Allied Health
- Our mission at Gretna Career College (GCC) is to provide competency-based occupational education that meets industry standards and employers’ needs by equipping our students with the skills necessary to compete in the today’s workforce. Our primary objective is to ensure a positive learning experience, promote self esteem, and develop the maximum potential of each student by providing quality training in a professional work environment. GCC provides both diploma programs and Associates of Occupational Studies programs in health, business and auto repair tracks. GCC believes that professionalism is as an important aspect of training as acquiring technical skills. Students must adhere to attendance and conduct regulations as well as maintain satisfactory academic progress in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical and/or clerical settings. Training in professionalism develops a positive attitude, personal motivation, self reliance, work maturity, and career pride. GCC seeks to graduate every student who enrolls in training.
|Gretna College School of Allied Health||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||- staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||120 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||120 students||382 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$17,900||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||100%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,994|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Gretna College School of Allied Health is Louisiana Technical College-Sidney N Collier Campus (5.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 5.00 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
- 2,617 students | 5.40 Mi3710 Paris Rd
Chalmette,  LA  70043
- 18,684 students | 5.60 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- 892 students | 9.50 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 289 students | 9.50 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.