Gretna College School of Allied Health
- Our mission at Gretna Career College (GCC) is to provide competency-based occupational education that meets industry standards and employers’ needs by equipping our students with the skills necessary to compete in the today’s workforce. Our primary objective is to ensure a positive learning experience, promote self esteem, and develop the maximum potential of each student by providing quality training in a professional work environment. GCC provides both diploma programs and Associates of Occupational Studies programs in health, business and auto repair tracks. GCC believes that professionalism is as an important aspect of training as acquiring technical skills. Students must adhere to attendance and conduct regulations as well as maintain satisfactory academic progress in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical and/or clerical settings. Training in professionalism develops a positive attitude, personal motivation, self reliance, work maturity, and career pride. GCC seeks to graduate every student who enrolls in training.
|Gretna College School of Allied Health||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||- staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||120 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||120 students||382 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$17,900||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||100%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,994|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Gretna College School of Allied Health is Louisiana Technical College-Sidney N Collier Campus (5.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 5.00 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
- 2,617 students | 5.40 Mi3710 Paris Rd
Chalmette,  LA  70043
- 18,684 students | 5.60 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- 892 students | 9.50 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 289 students | 9.50 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.