- The mission of Okaloosa-Walton College is to provide quality educational programs and services which enable students to achieve their goals and which enhance the community through academic, vocational, cultural, economic, and personal development opportunities.
Northwest Florida State College serves 5,004 students (45% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 59%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,004 students
- In-state tuition: $3,064
- Out-state tuition: $11,373
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 36%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Northwest Florida State College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 434 teachers has grown by 174% over five years.
Northwest Florida State College
(FL) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
Private, for profit
The student population of Northwest Florida State College has declined by 12% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Northwest Florida State College diversity score of 0.57 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,064 is less than the state average of $3,280. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $11,373 is more than the state average of $10,578. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Baseball, Basketball, Softball
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Located in the coastal heart of Northwest Florida, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. Part of Florida's network of 28 public community colleges,ï¿½NWF is one of seven community colleges in the state authorized to offer bachelor's degree programs. The college offers postsecondary education opportunities within reach of every Okaloosa and Walton County citizen. The college's two-county service district stretches from the Gulf of Mexico to the Alabama state line and encompasses a population in excess of 200,000 permanent residents. In addition to a 264-acre campus in Niceville,ï¿½NWF operates a joint campus with the University of West Florida in Fort Walton Beach, the Chautauqua Center in DeFuniak Springs, the Robert L.F. Sikes Education Center in Crestview, the South Walton Center in Santa Rosa Beach, and centers at Eglin Air Force Base and Hurlburt Field. In addition to a record of regional and national accolades, NWF offers state-of-the-art student computer labs, a top-rated sports complex and athletic programs, an ROTC program, a child development center, and a criminal justice training center. A 120,000-square-foot fine and performing arts center on the Niceville Campus provides students the finest in instructional facilities for dance, music, theater, the visual arts and the humanities. The Mattie Kelly Arts Center is a $25 million performing arts and educational complex that hosts Broadway's best touring shows, visiting artists, dance and opera companies. The complex encompasses a 1,650-seat mainstage theater that accommodates touring Broadway shows, the 195-seat, flexible Sprint Theater, an art wing with two galleries, a music wing, a visual arts building and an amphitheater.ï¿½NWF is part of Florida's public community college system and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Northwest Florida State College cost?
Northwest Florida State College's tuition is approximately $3,064 for In-State students and $11,373 for Out-State students.
What sports does Northwest Florida State College offer?
Northwest Florida State College offers 3 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball and Softball.
What is Northwest Florida State College's ranking?
Northwest Florida State College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Florida for: Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.