Northwest Florida State College
- The mission of Okaloosa-Walton College is to provide quality educational programs and services which enable students to achieve their goals and which enhance the community through academic, vocational, cultural, economic, and personal development opportunities.
- The teacher population of 158 teachers has declined by 22% over five years.
|Northwest Florida State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||158 staff||38 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,708 students||1,230 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||42:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,677 students||537 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,031 students||693 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.44||0.70|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,700||$30,800|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
- Located in the coastal heart of Northwest Florida, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. Part of Florida's network of 28 public community colleges, NWF is one of seven community colleges in the state authorized to offer bachelor's degree programs. The college offers postsecondary education opportunities within reach of every Okaloosa and Walton County citizen. The college's two-county service district stretches from the Gulf of Mexico to the Alabama state line and encompasses a population in excess of 200,000 permanent residents. In addition to a 264-acre campus in Niceville, NWF operates a joint campus with the University of West Florida in Fort Walton Beach, the Chautauqua Center in DeFuniak Springs, the Robert L.F. Sikes Education Center in Crestview, the South Walton Center in Santa Rosa Beach, and centers at Eglin Air Force Base and Hurlburt Field. In addition to a record of regional and national accolades, NWF offers state-of-the-art student computer labs, a top-rated sports complex and athletic programs, an ROTC program, a child development center, and a criminal justice training center. A 120,000-square-foot fine and performing arts center on the Niceville Campus provides students the finest in instructional facilities for dance, music, theater, the visual arts and the humanities. The Mattie Kelly Arts Center is a $25 million performing arts and educational complex that hosts Broadway's best touring shows, visiting artists, dance and opera companies. The complex encompasses a 1,650-seat mainstage theater that accommodates touring Broadway shows, the 195-seat, flexible Sprint Theater, an art wing with two galleries, a music wing, a visual arts building and an amphitheater. NWF is part of Florida's public community college system and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,317 students | 43.60 Mi1000 College Blvd
Pensacola,  FL  32504
- 384 students | 45.10 Mi19 W Garden St
Pensacola,  FL  32502
- 1,086 students | 53.10 Mi220 Alco Dr
Brewton,  AL  36426
- 1,599 students | 53.20 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia,  AL  36420
- 1,731 students | 54.70 MiP.O. Drawer 1418
Andalusia,  AL  36420