Pensacola State College
- The mission of Pensacola Junior College is to provide quality educational opportunities and support services to meet the requirements of all students pursuing intellectual fulfillment, career training, and lifetime education.
- The teacher population of 320 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pensacola State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||320 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,317 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,888 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,429 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,800||$30,300|
- As a learning-centered community college, Pensacola Junior College will continue the tradition of offering an affordable, quality education taught by first-rate faculty. More than 1,300 professional faculty and staff members blend their talents, teaching, and experience to fulfill dreams and create careers for PJC students. Pensacola Junior College is the name for an umbrella of multiple community colleges in Escambia County and Santa Rosa County, Florida. Pensacola Junior College provides a nurturing learning environment for students of all ages and at many stages of the education process. The main campus, located near Pensacola, was opened in 1948 and was the first institute of higher learning in the town (UWF would not open to a full class of undergraduates until 1983). PJC quickly expanded to include a downtown campus in 1957, and a Milton campus in 1971. A mini-campus opened on Naval Air Station Pensacola in 1981. A final branch in Warrington rounded out the five-location junior college system. PJC offers more than 150 recreation and leisure courses. Currently the college offers a two-year transitional program in conjunction with the University of West Florida. This is the most popular program among students, many continuing on to a bigger university setting after two years at PJC. The eCoast Campus staff understands the importance of services and support for distance learners. We also realize that distance learners may visit a PJC campus only rarely. This page provides links to resources that can help bridge the gap between PJC any off-campus location.
- The nearest community college to Pensacola State College is Coastal Alabama Community College (43.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,094 students | 43.00 Mi1900 US Hwy 31 S
Bay Minette,  AL  36507
- 1,086 students | 43.30 Mi220 Alco Dr
Brewton,  AL  36426
- 6,708 students | 43.50 Mi100 College Blvd. E.
Niceville,  FL  32578
- 3,320 students | 53.10 Mi351 North Broad Street
Mobile,  AL  36603
- 518 students | 57.70 Mi828 Downtowner Loop W
Mobile,  AL  36609