- Founded in 1963, Crowder College was established as a Community College serving the Community College District of Newton and McDonald Counties. Today the college serves a 9-county service region in southwest Missouri. with Instructional Centers in Cassville, McDonald County, Nevada, Webb City and the Joplin Advanced Training & Technology Center.
- With over 80 degree and program options the college offers degrees that transfer to a university or workforce. Certificates may be completed in one semester for workforce training. Missouri offers CORE 42 which provides transition to 4-year instutitions at junior status. Transfer agreements have been made with institutions both in state and out of state to make it as seamless as possible to continue pursing a bachelor's degree.
- Classes are offered in a flexible format for convenience with day, evening, online and hybrid or flex (part online/in-person) classes.
- Crowder College is part of the Missouri A+ program which provides any Missouri High School student graduating with A+ qualifications the opportunity to attend tuition and common fees free. This is a huge savings and is not available at Missouri 4-year universities.
- The college offers NJCAA athletic programs with mens' baseball and soccer; women's basketball and softball.
The teacher population of 414 teachers has grown by 109% over five years.
|Crowder College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||414 staff||102 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Soccer, SoftballSoccer, Softball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Aggie Club | PAS | Agriculture | Baptist Student Union | Catholics on Campus | Collegiate 4-H | Crowder Players (Theatre) | Crowder Sentry News Network | Debate Club | Latino Union | Journalism and Mass Media Club | Nurses Association | Occupational Thera
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Crowder College has been a part of many lives thorughout Southwest Missouri and around the world! The choice to come to Crowder is yours to make, and it is an excellent place to start the next chapter of your life. The one that helps you become independent, gain a new career, or increase your opportunities through continued education.
- Crowder College is MUCH MORE than an education. It is a famiily of your neighbors and friends providing a quality education at an affordable price. You won't find devoted educators like this anywhere else!
- The College is also fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a member of the North Central Association.
The nearest community college to Crowder College is Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (28.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,826 students | 28.30 Mi200 I St NE
Miami, OK 74354
(918) 542-8441 28.301,826
- 8,383 students | 33.00 MiOne College Drive
Bentonville, AR 72712
(479) 986-4000 33.008,383
- 52 students | 34.70 Mi3704 W. Walnut St.
Rogers, AR 72756
(479) 899-6644 34.7052
- 1,719 students | 61.30 Mi200 S 14th
Parsons, KS 67357
(620) 421-6700 61.301,719
- 11,762 students | 64.70 Mi1001 E. Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802
(417) 447-7500 64.7011,762
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.