- Bacone College, an independent institution related to the American Baptist Churches, USA, maintains its commitment to serving American Indians within a culturally diverse community. The college, through its baccalaureate and associate degree programs, challenges students to develop intellectual and social skills, spiritual values and healthy lifestyles by providing quality education in a nurturing Christian environment.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bacone College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||957 students||1,805 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||936 students||849 students|
|# Part-Time Students||21 students||956 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||622||350|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,300||$33,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1880, Bacone College is an independent four-year liberal arts college located in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Affiliated with the American Baptist Churches, U.S.A., Bacone is the oldest college in continuous operation in the state of Oklahoma and maintains its commitment to serving Native Americans within a culturally diverse community. More than 750 students are enrolled in baccalaureate and associate degree programs in health sciences, education, business and arts and sciences. We have a beautiful 187-acre campus. With one of the most diverse student populations in the United States, Bacone provides a learning/living community dedicated to celebrating and serving its cultural diversity and preparing students to successfully live and work in an ever-increasing global community and market place. Curricular and extracurricular activities are important in Bacone's total educational program. Bacone College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,278 students | 19.50 MiRoute 1
Warner,  OK  74469
- 2,502 students | 35.70 Mi1801 E 4th St
Okmulgee,  OK  74447
- 164 students | 36.30 Mi4343 S. 118th E. Ave, Suite A
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 543 students | 36.60 Mi4608 S Garnett Rd Ste 110
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 465 students | 37.50 Mi3138 S Garnett
Tulsa,  OK  74146
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.