- Bacone College, an independent institution related to the American Baptist Churches, USA, maintains its commitment to serving American Indians within a culturally diverse community. The college, through its baccalaureate and associate degree programs, challenges students to develop intellectual and social skills, spiritual values and healthy lifestyles by providing quality education in a nurturing Christian environment.
Bacone College serves 321 students (83% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 89% of the student body (majority American), which is more than the state average of 45%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 321 students
- Private-state tuition: $14,050
- Acceptance Rate: 47%
- Student:teacher ratio: 6:1
- Minority enrollment: 89%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Bacone College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Oklahoma for:
The teacher population of 56 teachers has declined by 5% over five years.
(OK) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Bacone College has declined by 65% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has increased from 5:1 over five years.
The Bacone College diversity score of 0.81 is more than the state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $14,050 is less than the state average of $14,142. The private state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Total Avg.
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Founded in 1880, Bacone College is an independent four-year liberal arts college located in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Affiliated with the American Baptist Churches, U.S.A., Bacone is the oldest college in continuous operation in the state of Oklahoma and maintains its commitment to serving Native Americans within a culturally diverse community. More than 750 students are enrolled in baccalaureate and associate degree programs in health sciences, education, business and arts and sciences. We have a beautiful 187-acre campus. With one of the most diverse student populations in the United States, Bacone provides a learning/living community dedicated to celebrating and serving its cultural diversity and preparing students to successfully live and work in an ever-increasing global community and market place. Curricular and extracurricular activities are important in Bacone's total educational program. Bacone College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bacone College cost?
Bacone College's private state tuition is approximately $14,050.
What is the acceptance rate of Bacone College?
The acceptance rate of Bacone College is 47%, which is equal to the state average of 47%.
What is Bacone College's ranking?
Bacone College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Oklahoma for: Diversity in US community colleges and Average community college minority breakdown.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.