Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (918) 683-4581
- Bacone College, an independent institution related to the American Baptist Churches, USA, maintains its commitment to serving American Indians within a culturally diverse community. The college, through its baccalaureate and associate degree programs, challenges students to develop intellectual and social skills, spiritual values and healthy lifestyles by providing quality education in a nurturing Christian environment.
The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bacone College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||59 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1880, Bacone College is an independent four-year liberal arts college located in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Affiliated with the American Baptist Churches, U.S.A., Bacone is the oldest college in continuous operation in the state of Oklahoma and maintains its commitment to serving Native Americans within a culturally diverse community. More than 750 students are enrolled in baccalaureate and associate degree programs in health sciences, education, business and arts and sciences. We have a beautiful 187-acre campus. With one of the most diverse student populations in the United States, Bacone provides a learning/living community dedicated to celebrating and serving its cultural diversity and preparing students to successfully live and work in an ever-increasing global community and market place. Curricular and extracurricular activities are important in Bacone's total educational program. Bacone College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,090 students | 19.70 Mi700 College Road
Warner, OK 74469
(918) 463-2931 19.702,090
- 2,401 students | 35.50 Mi1801 E 4th St
Okmulgee, OK 74447
(918) 293-4678 35.502,401
- 164 students | 35.90 Mi4343 S. 118th E. Ave, Suite A
Tulsa, OK 74146
(918) 835-8288 35.90164
- 543 students | 36.20 Mi4608 S Garnett Rd Ste 110
Tulsa, OK 74146
(918) 628-3700 36.20543
- 109 students | 36.70 Mi8040 South Sheridan Road
Tulsa, OK 74133
(918) 879-8400 36.70109
A bond measure that would have provided funds for community college expansion and renovation went down in San Mateo County, and we’ll look at how community college officials will handle the loss.
Once merely an afterthought in education, early education may finally be getting the critical attention it deserves. Learn more about how community colleges are playing a role in discovering the value of comprehensive training in early education.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?