- Bacone College, an independent institution related to the American Baptist Churches, USA, maintains its commitment to serving American Indians within a culturally diverse community. The college, through its baccalaureate and associate degree programs, challenges students to develop intellectual and social skills, spiritual values and healthy lifestyles by providing quality education in a nurturing Christian environment.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bacone College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||957 students||1,805 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||936 students||849 students|
|# Part-Time Students||21 students||956 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||622||350|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,300||$33,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1880, Bacone College is an independent four-year liberal arts college located in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Affiliated with the American Baptist Churches, U.S.A., Bacone is the oldest college in continuous operation in the state of Oklahoma and maintains its commitment to serving Native Americans within a culturally diverse community. More than 750 students are enrolled in baccalaureate and associate degree programs in health sciences, education, business and arts and sciences. We have a beautiful 187-acre campus. With one of the most diverse student populations in the United States, Bacone provides a learning/living community dedicated to celebrating and serving its cultural diversity and preparing students to successfully live and work in an ever-increasing global community and market place. Curricular and extracurricular activities are important in Bacone's total educational program. Bacone College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,278 students | 19.70 MiRoute 1
Warner,  OK  74469
- 2,502 students | 35.50 Mi1801 E 4th St
Okmulgee,  OK  74447
- 164 students | 35.90 Mi4343 S. 118th E. Ave, Suite A
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 543 students | 36.20 Mi4608 S Garnett Rd Ste 110
Tulsa,  OK  74146
- 465 students | 37.10 Mi3138 S Garnett
Tulsa,  OK  74146
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.