Tel: (918) 683-4581
- Bacone College, an independent institution related to the American Baptist Churches, USA, maintains its commitment to serving American Indians within a culturally diverse community. The college, through its baccalaureate and associate degree programs, challenges students to develop intellectual and social skills, spiritual values and healthy lifestyles by providing quality education in a nurturing Christian environment.
The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bacone College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields||Baccalaureate Colleges: Arts & Sciences Focus|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||154 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1880, Bacone College is an independent four-year liberal arts college located in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Affiliated with the American Baptist Churches, U.S.A., Bacone is the oldest college in continuous operation in the state of Oklahoma and maintains its commitment to serving Native Americans within a culturally diverse community. More than 750 students are enrolled in baccalaureate and associate degree programs in health sciences, education, business and arts and sciences. We have a beautiful 187-acre campus. With one of the most diverse student populations in the United States, Bacone provides a learning/living community dedicated to celebrating and serving its cultural diversity and preparing students to successfully live and work in an ever-increasing global community and market place. Curricular and extracurricular activities are important in Bacone's total educational program. Bacone College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,113 students | 19.70 Mi700 College Road
Warner, OK 74469
(918) 463-2931 19.702,113
- 2,305 students | 35.50 Mi1801 E 4th St
Okmulgee, OK 74447
(918) 293-4678 35.502,305
- 109 students | 36.70 Mi8040 South Sheridan Road
Tulsa, OK 74133
(918) 879-8400 36.70109
- 542 students | 38.70 Mi4242 South Sheridan
Tulsa, OK 74145
(919) 610-0027 38.70542
- 235 students | 39.00 Mi3801 S Sheridan
Tulsa, OK 74145
(918) 663-9000 39.00235
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.