NorthWest Arkansas Community College
- NWACC is a comprehensive, learning-centered two-year college dedicated primarily to meeting the educational needs of its service area. NWACC offers a comprehensive education program including, but without limitation, technical occupational programs, freshman and sophomore programs for students to transfer to four-year colleges, specialty courses, professional continuing education courses, community enrichment classes, and business and industry training to meet the needs of the emerging and existing workforce. Part-time and full-time students are valued equally.
- Enrollment: 7,411 students
- In-state tuition: $4,663
- Out-state tuition: $4,738
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 39%
- Source: Verified school update
NorthWest Arkansas Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The NorthWest Arkansas Community College District was authorized on August 15, 1989, when voters in the Rogers and Bentonville public school districts passed a 3-mil tax. The first classes were attended by just more than 1,200 students in the fall of 1990 at high schools, chambers of commerce, municipal and leased facilities throughout the district. Burns Hall opened its doors to just more than 2,400 students in August 1995. Northwest Arkansas Community College is now the largest community college in Arkansas serving over 15,000 students annually in credit and non-credit programs. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and was most recently granted continued re-accreditation for 10 years by the HLC in 2012.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does NorthWest Arkansas Community College cost?
NorthWest Arkansas Community College's tuition is approximately $4,663 for In-State students and $4,738 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of NorthWest Arkansas Community College?
The acceptance rate of NorthWest Arkansas Community College is 100%, which is equal to the state average of 100%.
What is NorthWest Arkansas Community College's ranking?
NorthWest Arkansas Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Arkansas for: Diversity in US community colleges, Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).