NorthWest Arkansas Community College
Tel: (479) 986-4000
- NWACC is a comprehensive, learning-centered two-year college dedicated primarily to meeting the educational needs of its service area. NWACC offers a comprehensive education program including, but without limitation, technical occupational programs, freshman and sophomore programs for students to transfer to four-year colleges, specialty courses, professional continuing education courses, community enrichment classes, and business and industry training to meet the needs of the emerging and existing workforce. Part-time and full-time students are valued equally.
NorthWest Arkansas Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 260 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|NorthWest Arkansas Community College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||260 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The NorthWest Arkansas Community College District was authorized on August 15, 1989, when voters in the Rogers and Bentonville public school districts passed a 3-mil tax. The first classes were attended by just more than 1,200 students in the fall of 1990 at high schools, chambers of commerce, municipal and leased facilities throughout the district. Burns Hall opened its doors to just more than 2,400 students in August 1995. Northwest Arkansas Community College is now the largest community college in Arkansas serving over 15,000 students annually in credit and non-credit programs. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and was most recently granted continued re-accreditation for 10 years by the HLC in 2012.
The nearest community college to NorthWest Arkansas Community College is Bryan University (Rogers) (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 61 students | 3.10 Mi3704 W. Walnut St.
Rogers,  AR  72756
(479) 899-6644 3.1061
- 4,401 students | 33.00 Mi601 Laclede Ave
Neosho,  MO  64850
(417) 451-3223 33.004,401
- 2,274 students | 51.10 Mi200 I St NE
Miami,  OK  74354
(918) 542-8441 51.102,274
- 2,157 students | 63.80 Mi1515 Pioneer Dr
Harrison,  AR  72601
(870) 743-3000 63.802,157
- 6,830 students | 67.10 Mi5210 Grand Ave
Fort Smith,  AR  72913
(479) 788-7000 67.106,830
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.