- Northeast Community College is dedicated to the success of students and the region it serves.
Northeast Community College serves 5,105 students (37% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 26%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,105 students
- In-state tuition: $3,165
- Out-state tuition: $4,215
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 443 teachers has grown by 154% over five years.
Northeast Community College
(NE) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Northeast Community College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Northeast Community College diversity score of 0.32 is less than the state average of 0.43. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,165 is less than the state average of $4,615. The in-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,215 is less than the state average of $5,803. The out-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
Resident students -
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Established by the state legislature in 1973 as a comprehensive community college offering vocational/technical, liberal arts, college transfer, and continuing education, Northeast Community College is a modern, two-year college located at the northeast edge of Norfolk, Nebraska, and serves residents of a 20-county area in northeast Nebraska. Northeast is the only community college in the state with one-and two-year vocational, liberal arts, and adult education programs all on one main campus. From the merger of two separate and distinct institutionsNortheastern Nebraska College and Northeast Nebraska Technical CollegeNortheast Community College has become a unique college with its own identity. Northeast Community College provides comprehensive, affordable, and quality learning opportunities that are responsive to the diverse needs of the individuals served. We believe students are active partners in a learning process enhanced through effective and professional instruction. Northeast Community College promotes and provides lifelong learning opportunities that encourage people to contribute to society as thoughtful and responsible global citizens. Northeast Community College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools to award two-year Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, and Associate in Nursing degrees, one-year diplomas, and certificates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Northeast Community College cost?
Northeast Community College's tuition is approximately $3,165 for In-State students and $4,215 for Out-State students.
What schools are Northeast Community College often compared to?
Northeast Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Central Community College by visitors of our site.
What sports does Northeast Community College offer?
Northeast Community College offers 6 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.