St Luke's College
- As an institution of higher education, St. Luke's College provides high quality, health system-based education to individuals who desire to become competent and compassionate health care providers.
St Luke's College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St Luke's College||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||35 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||254 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||165 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||89 students||1,530 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$49,300||$36,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- St. Luke's College is located in Sioux City, Iowa, an eclectic and energetic city of 82,000 residents. The community offers a wealth of art, music, theatre, sports and historical attractions some of which take place in the city's Art Center, recently restored Orpheum Theatre, and brand new Tyson Events Center. The city's 54 parks provide ample recreational opportunities and a variety of restaurants, malls and specialty shops are conveniently located within a short distance from the College. St. Luke's College, located in Sioux City, Iowa, is a health-system-affiliated institution of higher education committed to educating competent and compassionate healthcare professionals. We have been training successful healthcare professionals for over a century. St. Luke's College offers associate of science degrees in nursing, radiologic technology and respiratory care, certificate programs in computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), mammography and ultrasound. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to St Luke's College is Western Iowa Tech Community College (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,331 students | 4.00 Mi4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City,  IA  51106
- 1,568 students | 53.20 Mi603 W Park St
Sheldon,  IA  51201
- 5,008 students | 60.10 Mi801 E. Benjamin Avenue
Norfolk,  NE  68701
- 595 students | 70.20 Mi5801 South Corporate Place
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 138 students | 70.40 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.