- As an institution of higher education, St. Luke's College provides high quality, health system-based education to individuals who desire to become competent and compassionate health care providers.
St Luke's College serves 211 students (50% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is less than the state average of 26%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 211 students
- Private-state tuition: $18,820
- Acceptance Rate: 59%
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
St Luke's College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 14% over five years.
St Luke's College
(IA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of St Luke's College has declined by 22% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has decreased from 6:1 over five years.
The St Luke's College diversity score of 0.32 is less than the state average of 0.44. The school's diversity has declined by 10% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $18,820 is more than the state average of $17,086. The private state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
ACT Total Avg.
ACT Writing (Year 2012)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- St. Luke's College is located in Sioux City, Iowa, an eclectic and energetic city of 82,000 residents. The community offers a wealth of art, music, theatre, sports and historical attractions some of which take place in the city's Art Center, recently restored Orpheum Theatre, and brand new Tyson Events Center. The city's 54 parks provide ample recreational opportunities and a variety of restaurants, malls and specialty shops are conveniently located within a short distance from the College. St. Luke's College, located in Sioux City, Iowa, is a health-system-affiliated institution of higher education committed to educating competent and compassionate healthcare professionals. We have been training successful healthcare professionals for over a century. St. Luke's College offers associate of science degrees in nursing, radiologic technology and respiratory care, certificate programs in computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), mammography and ultrasound. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St Luke's College cost?
St Luke's College's private state tuition is approximately $18,820.
What is the acceptance rate of St Luke's College?
The acceptance rate of St Luke's College is 59%, which is equal to the state average of 59%.
What is St Luke's College's ranking?
St Luke's College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Iowa for: Percent of students receiving financial aid, Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation) and Highest completion rates.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.