New England Institute of Technology
- The mission of New England Institute of Technology (NEIT) is to provide Associate's, Bachelor's, and Graduate, degree programs which prepare students for professional and technical careers. Through the combination of professional and technical courses and an integrated liberal arts core, academic programs emphasize the relevance of continuous learning to personal and professional growth. Upon successful completion, graduates are prepared to enter the workforce or to continue their education. As an extension of the primary mission, NEIT offers the opportunity to pursue professional and technological studies to satisfy personal interests. As an institution primarily devoted to teaching, NEIT provides opportunities for students from diverse educational backgrounds and with varying levels of ability to study in a variety of technological fields.
- Workforce development scholarships - 08/12/2020 - NEIT's Business Management student Keshun Butterfield and a few others, received Workforce Development Scholarship from Jason Hayward, the labour minister, and Patricia Chapman, Department of Workforce Development acting director.
- The teacher population of 314 teachers has grown by 56% over five years.
|New England Institute of Technology||(RI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||314 staff||200 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,516 students||2,922 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,461 students||2,461 students|
|# Part-Time Students||461 students||461 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,326 students||2,417 students|
|# Graduate Students||190 students||44 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,100||$33,000|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- As the leader in technical career education in Southeastern New England, New England Tech is a private, non-profit technical college offering Associate's, Bachelor's, and Graduate in 50+ programs both online and on campus. Each one has been thoughtfully designed with input from both educators and industry experts. The focus at New England Tech is to give each student a solid balance: a base of analytical skills with hands-on training. Most of our Associate's Degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months and our Bachelor's of Science programs in as little as 3 years. Today, enrollment has grown to more than 2,800 students from the 70 students enrolled in 1971. The college offers Associate's Degree Program in Civil, Marine, Nursing, Automotive, Business Management, Mechanical, Welding, Software, Architecture and Design, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Medical, Transportation and Building Technologies. Bachelor's Degree Programs includes Automotive Service Management Technology, Interior Design, RN to BSN, Electronics Engineering Technology, Architectural Building Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology and Business Management Technology. New England Tech is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC) and many of our programs maintain individual accreditation. For example, our Electronics Engineering Technology program at the Bachelor's level is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission (TAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to New England Institute of Technology is Community College of Rhode Island (4.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 17,553 students | 4.80 Mi400 East Ave
Warwick,  RI  02886
(401) 825-1000 4.8017,553
- 9,189 students | 19.20 Mi777 Elsbree St
Fall River,  MA  02720
(508) 678-2811 19.209,189
- 1,883 students | 24.80 Mi742 Upper Maple St
Danielson,  CT  06239
(860) 932-4000 24.801,883
- 1,299 students | 30.90 Mi99 Main Street
Franklin,  MA  02038
(508) 541-1508 30.901,299
- 4,259 students | 33.70 Mi574 New London Turnpike
Norwich,  CT  06360
(860) 215-9016 33.704,259