New England Institute of Technology
- The mission of New England Institute of Technology (NEIT) is to provide specialized Associate's and Bachelor's Degree programs which prepare students for careers in technology. Through the combination of technical courses and an integrated liberal arts core, the programs emphasize the relevance of continuous learning to personal and professional growth. Upon successful completion, graduates are prepared to enter the workforce or to continue their education. As an extension of the primary mission, NEIT offers the opportunity to pursue technological studies to satisfy personal interests.
- The teacher population of 200 teachers has declined by 7% over five years.
|New England Institute of Technology||(RI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||200 staff||200 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,922 students||2,922 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,461 students||2,461 students|
|# Part-Time Students||461 students||461 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,417 students||2,417 students|
|# Graduate Students||44 students||44 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,100||$33,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As the leader in technical career education in Southeastern New England, New England Tech is a private, non-profit technical college offering Associate's and Bachelor's of Science degrees in 29 programs. Each one has been thoughtfully designed with input from both educators and industry experts. The focus at New England Tech is to give each student a solid balance: a base of analytical skills with hands-on training. Most of our Associate's Degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months and our Bachelor's of Science programs in as little as 3 years. Today, enrollment has grown to more than 2,800 students from the 70 students enrolled in 1971. The college offers Associate's Degree Program in Computers, Communications, Architecture and Design, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Medical, Transportation and Building Technologies. Bachelor's Degree Programs includes Automotive Service Management Technology, Interior Design, Digital Recording Arts Technology, Network Engineering Technology, Programming Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, Architectural Building Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology and Business Management Technology. New England Tech is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC) and many of our programs maintain individual accreditation. For example, our Electronics Engineering Technology program at the Bachelor's level is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission (TAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 17,553 students | 1.90 Mi400 East Ave
Warwick,  RI  02886
- 9,189 students | 16.80 Mi777 Elsbree St
Fall River,  MA  02720
- 1,883 students | 24.10 Mi742 Upper Maple St
Danielson,  CT  06239
- 1,299 students | 25.60 Mi99 Main Street
Franklin,  MA  02038
- 7,905 students | 34.20 MiOne Massasoit Boulevard
Brockton,  MA  02302
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.