Johnson & Wales University-Online Photo #2 - The Downcity Campus is anchored by Gaebe Commons, a popular hub of student activity, and surrounded by a variety of shops, restaurants, cafs, music venues and a picturesque riverfront. This campus is home to students who study business, hospitality, engineering & design, health & wellness and arts & sciences programs
Johnson & Wales University-Online Photo #3 - The Cusinart Center for Culinary Excellence is where the College of Food Innovation and Technology is based. This also includes faculty offices, deans` and administrative offices, the Coors Brewing Laboratory and the International Baking & Pastry Institute.
- JWU Works: Learning with a Purpose.
- As one of the first colleges founded by women, a progressive and pragmatic approach to learning has defined our education model since 1914. And it works. The value of a JWU education begins with our students who are gritty go-getters invested in their education and intentional about their experiences, ensuring that their learning is authentic and purposeful. These students thrive in JWU`s supportive community, which encourages their passion for hands-on learning, values their intellectual curiosity, and immerses them in dynamic labs and career-focused classrooms. JWU`s faculty provide students with the personalized attention, academic expertise and industry connections that inspire professional success and personal growth. The time students spend at JWU is nothing short of transformative, as demonstrated by career outcomes, expected earnings and economic mobility rankings.
Johnson & Wales University-Online serves 2,152 students (30% of students are full-time).
Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 40%.
- Enrollment: 2,152 students
- Acceptance Rate: 36%
- Minority enrollment: 43%
- Source: Verified school update
Johnson & Wales University-Online
(RI) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Four or more years
Four or more years
The Johnson & Wales University-Online diversity score of 0.62 is more than the state average of 0.60.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Baseball, Basketball, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Wrestling
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Founded in 1914, Johnson & Wales University is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution that offers undergraduate, graduate and online students at its four campuses in Providence, Rhode Island and Charlotte, North Carolina. An innovative educational leader, the university offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in arts and sciences, business, hospitality, nutrition, health and wellness. It also offers undergraduate programs in culinary arts, dietetics, food innovation, design and engineering. JWU`s unique model provide students with the personalized attention, academic expertise and industry connections that inspire professional success and personal growth. The time students spend at JWU is nothing short of transformative, as demonstrated by career outcomes, expected earnings and economic mobility rankings. The university`s impact is global, with alumni in 127 countries pursuing careers worldwide. For more information, visit jwu.edu.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Johnson & Wales University-Online?
The acceptance rate of Johnson & Wales University-Online is 36%, which is equal to the state average of 36%.
What sports does Johnson & Wales University-Online offer?
Johnson & Wales University-Online offers 10 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball and Wrestling.
Simple Mistakes Cost Community College Students Millions
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.