Top Rhode Island Community Colleges
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 top community colleges located throughout Rhode Island (1 public colleges and 1 private colleges), serving 20,475 students.
- For Rhode Island community colleges, the average tuition is approximately $3,950 per year for in-state students and $10,582 for out-of-state students. For private community colleges, the average yearly tuition is approximately $22,371 per year (view national tuition costs).
- Rhode Island community colleges have a diversity score of 0.46, which is lower than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 28% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 29:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(RI) School Average
Two or more races
Top Rhode Island Community Colleges by Town (2018-19)
Rhode Island (RI) Community Colleges (Closed):
- College Location Students
- 85 Garfield Avenue
Cranston,  RI 02920
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Though homeschoolers often get a bad rap, they are some of the highest performing students in the country - especially in college. Keep reading to learn more about community college for homeschoolers including tips for applying and preparing for college.
Remedial education exists to help struggling students succeed in college-level classes. Unfortunately, the existing model may be doing more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about the history of remedial education and what community colleges are doing to change it.