- MiraCosta College, one of California's comprehensive, public two-year community colleges, has served the coastal area of North San Diego County for 75 years. Recognizing that individuals and domestic and international communities are diverse and changing, the college is committed to offering a variety of programs and services in Transfer Education, Vocational Education, General Education, Basic Skills Education, Community Education and Support Services.
- The teacher population of 360 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|MiraCosta College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||360 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,687 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,024 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,663 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$34,600|
- MiraCosta College is a public California community college serving coastal North San Diego County. The college was founded in 1934 as Oceanside-Carlsbad Junior College, the second community college in San Diego County. Changed name to MiraCosta College and moved to Barnard Drive location in 1964. Student Resources includes library and information hubs at both the Oceanside and San Elijo campuses; More than 1,000 networked computers for student use; Wellness Center at the Oceanside Campus; free tutoring in nearly every subject; more than 1,000 students participate in Service Learning projects related to class curricula; Honors Scholars Program and active national honor society. MiraCosta's Adult Learning Center opened in 1992 at a newly remodeled site on Horne Street. The center relocated to its current Mission Avenue location in 2000 and was renamed the Community Learning Center. Over the years the center has expanded its adult education offerings to include parenting classes, workshops for older adults, and programs for those who are physically and mentally challenged. The Cisco Academy, which offers training in computer networking, is also housed at the center. The college's Small Business Development Center is right next door. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The nearest community college to MiraCosta College is Golf Academy of America-Carlsbad (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 168 students | 4.70 Mi1950 Camino Vida Roble, Ste. 125
Carlsbad,  CA  92008
- 24,914 students | 7.30 Mi1140 W. Mission
San Marcos,  CA  92069
- 11,876 students | 22.10 Mi10440 Black Mountain Rd
San Diego,  CA  92126
- 248 students | 24.80 Mi26109 Ynez Road
Temecula,  CA  92591
- 796 students | 27.10 Mi8888 Balboa Ave
San Diego,  CA  92123