San Diego Miramar College
- The mission of the college is to prepare students to succeed in a world of dynamic change by providing an environment which values excellence in teaching, learning, innovation & partnerships in a setting that celebrates diversity.
San Diego Miramar College places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 203 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Diego Miramar College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||203 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,876 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||59:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,282 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,594 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,200||$34,600|
- Miramar College opened as a training facility for San Diego's law enforcement personnel and firefighters in 1969. The 125-acre campus has been growing to meet student needs. The past decade has seen the construction of a high-tech computer business center, library, police academy, child development center, digital media lab, online "bullpen," classrooms for SDSU's Higher Education Center at Miramar College, and the first phases of a 32-acre athletic complex, including the largest aquatic complex in San Diego County. A science/technology center and advanced transportation center opened in the Fall of 2004 to provide additional needed facilities. Each semester, about 12,000 individuals of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds attend Miramar College classes. The associate in arts and the associate in science degrees are earned through the completion of a major, general education and other graduation requirements. Miramar College is the smart choice for students who want to transfer to the university/private college of their choice. Transfer agreements exist for UCs, CSUs and many private universities. We also offers vocational programs. San Diego Miramar College is one of three comprehensive community colleges in the San Diego Community College District. Miramar College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. The San Diego Community College District is governed by its Board of Trustees.
- The nearest community college to San Diego Miramar College is Kaplan College-San Diego (5.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,297 students | 5.80 Mi9055 Balboa Avenue
San Diego,  CA  92123
- 796 students | 5.90 Mi8888 Balboa Ave
San Diego,  CA  92123
- 23,191 students | 7.60 Mi7250 Mesa College Dr
San Diego,  CA  92111
- n/a students | 9.00 Mi3375 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego,  CA  92108
- 18,040 students | 9.20 Mi8800 Grossmont College Dr
El Cajon,  CA  92020