Tel: (760) 744-1150
- Palomar College is an educational leader committed to quality learning. We provide our community the knowledge, information, skills, and aesthetic appreciation necessary to live responsibly, effectively, and creatively in an interdependent and changing world.
The teacher population of 568 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Palomar College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||568 staff||149 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Active Minds, Black Student Union, Chem Club, Child Development Club, Circle K International, EMS Club, Fashion Club, Fire Technology Students, Foster Youth Club, Gender and Women's Studies Club, Geo-Science Connection Club, GSA, International Student Club, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, Latter Day Saint Student Association, MEChA, Muslim Student Union, NASA, No Limits Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Palomar / Pacific Coast Concert Band, Palomar Chamber Ensemble, Palomar Chorale, Palomar Symphone Orchestra, Palomar Women's Chorus
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Palomar College is a public two-year community college. The Palomar campus is located in San Marcos, California, approximately 30 miles north of San Diego. Palomar enrolls approximately 30,000 full-time and part-time students. Residents of California are charged only $46 per unit. At Palomar, students may choose from over 300 associate degree and certificate programs, complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree, or enjoy personal enrichment classes for lifelong learning. Palomar College is one of 108 colleges in the California Community Colleges system and eight in San Diego County. Located in San Marcos, California, our 200-acre main campus is nestled at the foot of the region's rolling coastal hills and valleys in a lovely area once named Los Vallecitos de San Marcos (Little Valleys of St. Mark) by Spaniard settlers in 1797. In addition to our main campus in San Marcos, we operate an educational center in Escondido, and five smaller centers throughout north San Diego County, in Rancho Penasquitos, Fallbrook, Ramona, Pauma Valley, and Camp Pendleton. Palomar College offers more than 300 Associates Degree and certificate programs, as well as not-for-credit community development and personal enrichment classes for life-long learning. We have transfer agreements with the California State University and University of California systems, and our high-level coursework in transferable classes fully prepares our students for success at four-year colleges and universities. In fact, Palomar students who transfer perform better in their first year at a four-year college than students from other community colleges. Our five academic divisions are: Arts, Media, Business and Computer Systems; Career, Technical and Extended Education; Languages and Literature; Mathematics and The Natural and Health Sciences; and Social and Behavioral Sciences. Palomar College serves as a cultural hub of north San Diego County. Our 400-seat Howard Brubeck Theatre is the scene of highly-regarded dramatic, dance, and musical productions throughout the year. Palomar College has nearly two dozen athletic teams in about one dozen sports, including men's and women's basketball, volleyball, tennis, soccer, swimming, water polo, and cross country. Palomar College is an educational leader committed to quality learning. We provide our community the knowledge, information, skills, and aesthetic appreciation necessary to live responsibly, effectively, and creatively in an interdependent and changing world.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 13,720 students | 7.60 MiOne Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
(760) 757-2121 7.6013,720
- 15,893 students | 17.10 Mi10440 Black Mountain Rd
San Diego, CA 92126
(619) 388-7800 17.1015,893
- 22,284 students | 24.00 Mi7250 Mesa College Dr
San Diego, CA 92111
(619) 388-2600 24.0022,284
- 17,835 students | 25.20 Mi8800 Grossmont College Dr
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619) 644-7000 25.2017,835
- 50 students | 26.00 Mi26109 Ynez Road
Temecula, CA 92591
(800) 877-4380 26.0050
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.