Middle Georgia College
|Middle Georgia College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||- staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,200||$29,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$11,855||$9,775|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,833||$4,490|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Middle Georgia College (MGC) is a state college unit of the University System of Georgia with a focus on providing constituents access to certificate, associate, and select baccalaureate programs in academic transfer or occupation related programs of study. The College is dedicated to providing a dynamic, learning-centered, caring and technically advanced environment of excellence. As a multi-campus, residential institution, the College pursues innovative opportunities to provide services to its traditional and non-traditional students primarily from rural areas of south central Georgia and will maintain a recognized legacy of affordable higher education and community support services of the highest quality. The College also serves as the only higher education institution of aviation for the State of Georgia. The College's historic main campus in Cochran offers academic programs of study through the baccalaureate degree for commuting and residential students. The Institution's Georgia Aviation campus in Eastman provides aviation specific technical education for the State while supporting the main campus' Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management degree program. The Dublin Campus provides educational opportunities for central Georgia commuting students. Selected certificate and associate degree programs, as well as additional advanced higher education opportunities, are offered online and in collaboration with participating four-year institutions. In addition, MGC provides undergraduate education addressing the economic development needs of Georgia's heartland and the state's aviation industry.
- The nearest community college to Middle Georgia College is Middle Georgia College-Eastman (17.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 17.60 Mi71 Airport Rd
Eastman,  GA  31023
- n/a students | 21.80 Mi80 Cohen Walker Dr
Warner Robins,  GA  31088
- n/a students | 22.70 Mi801 Duke Avenue
Warner Robins,  GA  31093
- 1,851 students | 24.50 Mi560 Pinehill Rd
Dublin,  GA  31021
- 7,625 students | 35.90 Mi80 Cohen Walker Drive
Warner Robins,  GA  31088
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.