Heart of Georgia Technical College
- The mission of Heart of Georgia Technical College is to contribute to economic and workforce development through guaranteed technical and adult education and the services necessary for individuals to achieve their goals. The vision statement was modified as a result of the planning process. The vision statement is as follows Heart of Georgia Technical College will be the benchmark institution for all others in our system. Heart of Georgia Technical College will enrich lives, provide seamless workforce training and lifelong learning opportunities, and recruit potential graduates for successful employment through the use of leading edge technology and unparalleled excellence in support services rendered. At the heart of a great college is what goes on between its students and faculty-the learning experience. Our faculty are supported by a staff of professional advisors, specialists and others who assist and support the teaching and learning environment. The programs of study at Heart of Georgia Technical College are divided into categories. Each category may include degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit according to the specific occupational programs being offered. We've designed our programs with the student's needs in mind. More classes are being offered online and at night to work around the student's busy schedule.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heart of Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,851 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||827 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,024 students||1,473 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$31,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 24.50 Mi1100 Second St SE
Cochran,  GA  31014
(478) 934-6221 24.50n/a
- 699 students | 35.60 Mi346 Kite Rd
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 1,659 students | 36.10 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville,  GA  31082
- 2,910 students | 38.00 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 1,623 students | 39.00 Mi3001 E First St
Vidalia,  GA  30474
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.