Heart of Georgia Technical College
- The mission of Heart of Georgia Technical College is to contribute to economic and workforce development through guaranteed technical and adult education and the services necessary for individuals to achieve their goals. The vision statement was modified as a result of the planning process. The vision statement is as follows Heart of Georgia Technical College will be the benchmark institution for all others in our system. Heart of Georgia Technical College will enrich lives, provide seamless workforce training and lifelong learning opportunities, and recruit potential graduates for successful employment through the use of leading edge technology and unparalleled excellence in support services rendered. At the heart of a great college is what goes on between its students and faculty-the learning experience. Our faculty are supported by a staff of professional advisors, specialists and others who assist and support the teaching and learning environment. The programs of study at Heart of Georgia Technical College are divided into categories. Each category may include degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit according to the specific occupational programs being offered. We've designed our programs with the student's needs in mind. More classes are being offered online and at night to work around the student's busy schedule.
The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heart of Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Rural-serving Medium||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||94 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Heart of Georgia Technical College is Middle Georgia College-Eastman (21.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 21.90 Mi71 Airport Rd
Eastman, GA 31023
- 3,496 students | 22.90 Mi1100 Second St SE
Cochran, GA 31014
(478) 934-6221 22.903,496
- 699 students | 35.70 Mi346 Kite Rd
Swainsboro, GA 30401
(478) 289-2200 35.70699
- 2,942 students | 36.10 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro, GA 30401
(478) 289-2000 36.102,942
- 1,428 students | 36.20 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville, GA 31082
(478) 553-2050 36.201,428
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.