- The mission of Heart of Georgia Technical College is to contribute to economic and workforce development through guaranteed technical and adult education and the services necessary for individuals to achieve their goals. The vision statement was modified as a result of the planning process. The vision statement is as follows Heart of Georgia Technical College will be the benchmark institution for all others in our system. Heart of Georgia Technical College will enrich lives, provide seamless workforce training and lifelong learning opportunities, and recruit potential graduates for successful employment through the use of leading edge technology and unparalleled excellence in support services rendered. At the heart of a great college is what goes on between its students and faculty-the learning experience. Our faculty are supported by a staff of professional advisors, specialists and others who assist and support the teaching and learning environment. The programs of study at Heart of Georgia Technical College are divided into categories. Each category may include degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit according to the specific occupational programs being offered. We've designed our programs with the student's needs in mind. More classes are being offered online and at night to work around the student's busy schedule.
Heart of Georgia Technical College serves 1,851 students (45% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 53%.
- Enrollment: 1,851 students
- In-state tuition: $2,280
- Out-state tuition: $4,305
- Student:teacher ratio: 20:1
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Heart of Georgia Technical College
(GA) Community College Avg.
Associate's--Public Rural-serving Medium
Less than 2 yrs
Four or more years
The student population of Heart of Georgia Technical College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Heart of Georgia Technical College diversity score of 0.00 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has declined by 100% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2010)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years) (Year 2010)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,280 is less than the state average of $3,753. The in-state tuition has grown by 47% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,305 is less than the state average of $7,419. The out-state tuition has grown by 51% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Heart of Georgia Technical College cost?
Heart of Georgia Technical College's tuition is approximately $2,280 for In-State students and $4,305 for Out-State students.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.