Heart of Georgia Technical College
- The mission of Heart of Georgia Technical College is to contribute to economic and workforce development through guaranteed technical and adult education and the services necessary for individuals to achieve their goals. The vision statement was modified as a result of the planning process. The vision statement is as follows Heart of Georgia Technical College will be the benchmark institution for all others in our system. Heart of Georgia Technical College will enrich lives, provide seamless workforce training and lifelong learning opportunities, and recruit potential graduates for successful employment through the use of leading edge technology and unparalleled excellence in support services rendered. At the heart of a great college is what goes on between its students and faculty-the learning experience. Our faculty are supported by a staff of professional advisors, specialists and others who assist and support the teaching and learning environment. The programs of study at Heart of Georgia Technical College are divided into categories. Each category may include degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit according to the specific occupational programs being offered. We've designed our programs with the student's needs in mind. More classes are being offered online and at night to work around the student's busy schedule.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heart of Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,851 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||827 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,024 students||1,473 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$31,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Heart of Georgia Technical College is Middle Georgia College-Eastman (21.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 21.80 Mi71 Airport Rd
Eastman,  GA  31023
- n/a students | 24.50 Mi1100 Second St SE
Cochran,  GA  31014
- 699 students | 35.60 Mi346 Kite Rd
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 1,659 students | 36.10 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville,  GA  31082
- 2,910 students | 38.00 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.