Heart of Georgia Technical College
- The mission of Heart of Georgia Technical College is to contribute to economic and workforce development through guaranteed technical and adult education and the services necessary for individuals to achieve their goals. The vision statement was modified as a result of the planning process. The vision statement is as follows Heart of Georgia Technical College will be the benchmark institution for all others in our system. Heart of Georgia Technical College will enrich lives, provide seamless workforce training and lifelong learning opportunities, and recruit potential graduates for successful employment through the use of leading edge technology and unparalleled excellence in support services rendered. At the heart of a great college is what goes on between its students and faculty-the learning experience. Our faculty are supported by a staff of professional advisors, specialists and others who assist and support the teaching and learning environment. The programs of study at Heart of Georgia Technical College are divided into categories. Each category may include degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit according to the specific occupational programs being offered. We've designed our programs with the student's needs in mind. More classes are being offered online and at night to work around the student's busy schedule.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heart of Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,851 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||827 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,024 students||1,473 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$31,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Heart of Georgia Technical College is Middle Georgia College-Eastman (21.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 21.90 Mi71 Airport Rd
Eastman,  GA  31023
- n/a students | 22.90 Mi1100 Second St SE
Cochran,  GA  31014
(478) 934-6221 22.90n/a
- 699 students | 35.70 Mi346 Kite Rd
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
(478) 289-2200 35.70699
- 2,910 students | 36.10 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
(478) 289-2000 36.102,910
- 1,659 students | 36.20 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville,  GA  31082
(478) 553-2050 36.201,659
Even more midnight classes are launching at community college campuses across the country this year, in hopes of working around the demanding schedules of their students.
Short-Term Commitment – Long-Term Benefits: Three Study-Abroad Options for Community College Students
While study abroad has long been considered an option only for students at four-year colleges and universities, there are actually many options for community college students who would like to experience studying in another country.
What is the latest on four-year degree programs at community colleges? We look at some of the states entering into this relatively new frontier, and why some are having a tough time selling the idea.