Heart of Georgia Technical College
- The mission of Heart of Georgia Technical College is to contribute to economic and workforce development through guaranteed technical and adult education and the services necessary for individuals to achieve their goals. The vision statement was modified as a result of the planning process. The vision statement is as follows Heart of Georgia Technical College will be the benchmark institution for all others in our system. Heart of Georgia Technical College will enrich lives, provide seamless workforce training and lifelong learning opportunities, and recruit potential graduates for successful employment through the use of leading edge technology and unparalleled excellence in support services rendered. At the heart of a great college is what goes on between its students and faculty-the learning experience. Our faculty are supported by a staff of professional advisors, specialists and others who assist and support the teaching and learning environment. The programs of study at Heart of Georgia Technical College are divided into categories. Each category may include degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit according to the specific occupational programs being offered. We've designed our programs with the student's needs in mind. More classes are being offered online and at night to work around the student's busy schedule.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heart of Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,851 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||827 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,024 students||1,473 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$31,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Heart of Georgia Technical College is Middle Georgia College-Eastman (21.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 21.80 Mi71 Airport Rd
Eastman,  GA  31023
- n/a students | 24.50 Mi1100 Second St SE
Cochran,  GA  31014
- 699 students | 35.60 Mi346 Kite Rd
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 1,659 students | 36.10 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville,  GA  31082
- 2,910 students | 38.00 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.