Mesabi Range College - Eveleth Campus
- Mesabi Range College provides the first 2 years of a baccalaureate degree and many career programs. The college offers students an outstanding academic experience, a rich co-curricular life, competetive athletics, rich residence life, challenging and deeply caring faculty , and opportunities for travel study, leadership development, and service.
|Mesabi Range College - Eveleth Campus||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||1,373 students||1,302 students|
|# Full-Time Students||843 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||530 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gaming Club, Human Services Club, Nursing Club, Student Senate/Student Life, Welding Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Theatre
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Degrees & Programs at Mesabi Range includes AA(Associate in Arts) degrees cover the first two years of most programs for transfer to four-year institutions. AAS(Associate in Applied Science) degrees are two-year career programs designed for immediate employment. Certificate and diploma programs are one or two-year career programs designed for immediate employment in areas such as automotive technician, carpentry, fire suppression technician, masonry, practical nursing and welding. Mesabi Range Community and Technical College is situated in Northern Minnesota on the Historic Mesabi Iron Range. One college with two campuses located in Virginia and Eveleth, Minnesota. Our Eveleth campus houses most of our technical programs while the Virginia campus has our general education courses. Local communities enjoy numerous heritage festivals throughout the year and have many museums and recreational areas to enjoy. Our Continuing Education/Custom Training courses, such as firefighter training, Middle Eastern Dance techniques, and motorcycle training help blend the unique backgrounds of local communities. Local attractions include the U. S. Hockey Hall of Fame, Giants Ridge Golf & Ski Resort, Soudan Underground Mine tours and the International Wolf Center. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy the local Off Highway Vehicle Recreation Area, plan a trip into the over one million acres of Boundary Waters Canoe Area, or enjoy the races at the Hibbing Raceway. Mesabi Range is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MnSCU).
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Mesabi Range College - Eveleth Campus is Mesabi Range College (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,373 students | 3.90 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN  55792
- 1,302 students | 18.80 Mi1515 E 25th St
Hibbing,  MN  55746
- 712 students | 43.90 Mi1900 East Camp Street
Ely,  MN  55731
- 1,222 students | 48.10 Mi1851 Hwy 169 East
Grand Rapids,  MN  55744
- 5,101 students | 50.70 Mi2101 Trinity Rd
Duluth,  MN  55811
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.