Lake Superior College
- Lake Superior College (LSC) provides high quality, affordable higher education that benefits diverse learners, employers, and the community. LSC's academic, technical, continuing education, and workforce development offerings prepare learners for a rapidly changing global community. Our services support learning, and our partnerships connect the college and its learners to a broader spectrum of community life.
The teacher population of 147 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lake Superior College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||147 staff||73 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Superior College is a dynamic, comprehensive college serving the needs of a variety of students, one which emphasizes student learning and student service. LSC offers extensive pre-baccalaureate majors for students interested in transferring to senior educational institutions as well as over 75 certificate, diploma and degree programs in career/technical fields. Our Continuing Education/Customized Training division collaborates extensively with area businesses and industry to design specialized opportunities for entry-level and advanced education. While typically offered in traditional classroom and lab settings, LSC also offers over 150 courses in an individualized learning format, through interactive television, and through the internet. You will find the faculty and staff at Lake Superior College to be friendly, sincere, and helpful. We are student-centered, creative, and dedicated to working with students within dynamic learning environments, and we take pride in our commitment to helping students succeed. Approximately 4,500 students attend LSC. We have many local, national, and international students. With the rate of internet classes on the rise, we have many students who are attending LSC from several countries around the world.
The nearest community college to Lake Superior College is Mesabi Range College - Eveleth Campus (50.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,373 students | 50.70 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth, MN 55734
(218) 744-7506 50.701,373
- 1,373 students | 54.60 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia, MN 55792
(800) 657-3860 54.601,373
- 1,118 students | 57.30 Mi1515 East 25th Street
Hibbing, MN 55746
(218) 262-7200 57.301,118
- 1,195 students | 71.10 Mi1851 East Highway 169
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
(218) 322-2300 71.101,195
- 2,963 students | 72.50 Mi505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake, WI 54871
(715) 468-2815 72.502,963
A bond measure that would have provided funds for community college expansion and renovation went down in San Mateo County, and we’ll look at how community college officials will handle the loss.
Once merely an afterthought in education, early education may finally be getting the critical attention it deserves. Learn more about how community colleges are playing a role in discovering the value of comprehensive training in early education.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?