Lake Superior College
- Lake Superior College (LSC) provides high quality, affordable higher education that benefits diverse learners, employers, and the community. LSC's academic, technical, continuing education, and workforce development offerings prepare learners for a rapidly changing global community. Our services support learning, and our partnerships connect the college and its learners to a broader spectrum of community life.
- The teacher population of 147 teachers has declined by 20% over five years.
|Lake Superior College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||147 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,101 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,038 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,063 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,700||$35,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Superior College is a dynamic, comprehensive college serving the needs of a variety of students, one which emphasizes student learning and student service. LSC offers extensive pre-baccalaureate majors for students interested in transferring to senior educational institutions as well as over 75 certificate, diploma and degree programs in career/technical fields. Our Continuing Education/Customized Training division collaborates extensively with area businesses and industry to design specialized opportunities for entry-level and advanced education. While typically offered in traditional classroom and lab settings, LSC also offers over 150 courses in an individualized learning format, through interactive television, and through the internet. You will find the faculty and staff at Lake Superior College to be friendly, sincere, and helpful. We are student-centered, creative, and dedicated to working with students within dynamic learning environments, and we take pride in our commitment to helping students succeed. Approximately 4,500 students attend LSC. We have many local, national, and international students. With the rate of internet classes on the rise, we have many students who are attending LSC from several countries around the world.
- The nearest community college to Lake Superior College is Duluth Business University (3.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 143 students | 3.00 Mi4724 Mike Colalillo Drive
Duluth,  MN  55807
- 1,373 students | 51.20 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth,  MN  55734
- 1,373 students | 54.50 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN  55792
- 1,302 students | 57.10 Mi1515 E 25th St
Hibbing,  MN  55746
- 1,222 students | 71.00 Mi1851 Hwy 169 East
Grand Rapids,  MN  55744
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.