Lake Superior College
- Lake Superior College (LSC) provides high quality, affordable higher education that benefits diverse learners, employers, and the community. LSC's academic, technical, continuing education, and workforce development offerings prepare learners for a rapidly changing global community. Our services support learning, and our partnerships connect the college and its learners to a broader spectrum of community life.
The teacher population of 257 teachers has grown by 38% over five years.
|Lake Superior College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||257 staff||153 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Superior College is a dynamic, comprehensive college serving the needs of a variety of students, one which emphasizes student learning and student service. LSC offers extensive pre-baccalaureate majors for students interested in transferring to senior educational institutions as well as over 75 certificate, diploma and degree programs in career/technical fields. Our Continuing Education/Customized Training division collaborates extensively with area businesses and industry to design specialized opportunities for entry-level and advanced education. While typically offered in traditional classroom and lab settings, LSC also offers over 150 courses in an individualized learning format, through interactive television, and through the internet. You will find the faculty and staff at Lake Superior College to be friendly, sincere, and helpful. We are student-centered, creative, and dedicated to working with students within dynamic learning environments, and we take pride in our commitment to helping students succeed. Approximately 4,500 students attend LSC. We have many local, national, and international students. With the rate of internet classes on the rise, we have many students who are attending LSC from several countries around the world.
The nearest community college to Lake Superior College is Mesabi Range College - Eveleth Campus (50.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,373 students | 50.70 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth, MN 55734
(218) 744-7506 50.701,373
- 1,021 students | 54.60 Mi1001 Chestnut Street West
Virginia, MN 55792
(218) 741-3095 54.601,021
- 1,034 students | 57.30 Mi1515 East 25th Street
Hibbing, MN 55746
(218) 262-7200 57.301,034
- 1,062 students | 71.10 Mi1851 East Highway 169
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
(218) 322-2300 71.101,062
- 2,966 students | 72.50 Mi505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake, WI 54871
(715) 468-2815 72.502,966
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.