Lake Superior College
- Lake Superior College (LSC) provides high quality, affordable higher education that benefits diverse learners, employers, and the community. LSC's academic, technical, continuing education, and workforce development offerings prepare learners for a rapidly changing global community. Our services support learning, and our partnerships connect the college and its learners to a broader spectrum of community life.
- The teacher population of 147 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lake Superior College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||147 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,101 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,038 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,063 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,700||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lake Superior College is a dynamic, comprehensive college serving the needs of a variety of students, one which emphasizes student learning and student service. LSC offers extensive pre-baccalaureate majors for students interested in transferring to senior educational institutions as well as over 75 certificate, diploma and degree programs in career/technical fields. Our Continuing Education/Customized Training division collaborates extensively with area businesses and industry to design specialized opportunities for entry-level and advanced education. While typically offered in traditional classroom and lab settings, LSC also offers over 150 courses in an individualized learning format, through interactive television, and through the internet. You will find the faculty and staff at Lake Superior College to be friendly, sincere, and helpful. We are student-centered, creative, and dedicated to working with students within dynamic learning environments, and we take pride in our commitment to helping students succeed. Approximately 4,500 students attend LSC. We have many local, national, and international students. With the rate of internet classes on the rise, we have many students who are attending LSC from several countries around the world.
- The nearest community college to Lake Superior College is Mesabi Range College - Eveleth Campus (51.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,373 students | 51.20 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth,  MN  55734
- 1,373 students | 54.50 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN  55792
- 1,302 students | 57.10 Mi1515 E 25th St
Hibbing,  MN  55746
- 1,222 students | 71.00 Mi1851 Hwy 169 East
Grand Rapids,  MN  55744
- 3,045 students | 72.50 Mi505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake,  WI  54871
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.