- Mercer serves over 30,000 people each year in our associate degree programs, credit and noncredit certificate programs, continuing education, customized training for businesses, career training, youth programs, and summer camps for children. Many more come to campus for cultural activities, sporting events and our fitness center and pool.
Mercer County Community College serves 6,342 students (31% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 56%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 6,342 students
- In-state tuition: $4,644
- Out-state tuition: $6,732
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 52%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Mercer County Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 583 teachers has grown by 126% over five years.
Mercer County Community College
(NJ) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Mercer County Community College has declined by 16% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five years.
The Mercer County Community College diversity score of 0.71 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has declined by 7% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,644 is less than the state average of $5,641. The in-state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,732 is less than the state average of $7,756. The out-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Established in 1966, Mercer County Community College (MCCC) is a publicly supported comprehensive educational institution that provides opportunities for higher education through an open-door admission policy. The scenic 292-acre West Windsor Campus was opened in 1971 to serve the needs of Mercer County residents. The newly-expanded James Kerney Campus, located in downtown Trenton, serves as an educational and cultural hub for city residents. MCCC offers 65 associate degree programs and numerous credit and noncredit certificate programs. MCCC degrees and courses transfer to numerous senior colleges through transfer agreements. Students can also enroll in a dual admissions program, which guarantees transfer into the junior year at six New Jersey colleges — Rutgers, Rider, The College of New Jersey, Montclair, NJIT and Thomas Edison. Mercer County Community College has enjoyed four decades of excellence in two-year college athletics. Mercer offers intercollegiate competition in men's and women's soccer, basketball, and tennis; men's baseball and women's softball. Some sports offer scholarship opportunities for entering student athletes. The college is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is authorized by the State of New Jersey's Commission on Higher Education to award associate degrees. Many of the college's academic programs are also accredited by national professional associations and their boards of certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mercer County Community College cost?
Mercer County Community College's tuition is approximately $4,644 for In-State students and $6,732 for Out-State students.
What is Mercer County Community College's ranking?
Mercer County Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New Jersey for: Least debt for graduating students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.